My Sim Won't Die

by Aeron37774

Original Post

Re: My Sim Won't Die

★★★★ Novice

I added three random sims to my household. None of them had hidden traits, and only one of them can die. You're right about the aging thing. I tried to have the teen that can't die blow out candles on a cake and it says she is not eligible to age up.

Message 11 of 26 (2,346 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can age them up by using cas.fulleditmode, but they can't age up in game. Aging them up manually doesn't fix the not dying thing.

Message 12 of 26 (2,343 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Using the simocide command on random sims shows that there are more that can't die and thus can't age up than there are sims that can. Is this a glitch caused by playing with aging turned off? I doubt it's the mods causing the problem because I wasn't using any until after the problem started. I recently downloaded the new city expansion pack and my sims spend most of their time in the new areas. Could that be causing the glitch?

Message 13 of 26 (2,336 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If the immortal sims have something in common, I haven't figured out what it is.

Message 14 of 26 (2,331 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Aeron37774 wrote:

I can age them up by using cas.fulleditmode, but they can't age up in game. Aging them up manually doesn't fix the not dying thing.

Can you install this mod: Show/Search Sim Info Mod (you'll find it at Modthesims) Check if they have any traits in common (hidden or otherwise)

You should still be able to manually age them or kill if you have aging off but something about this could be causing issues.

I'm going to check out this mod and see what options it gives me.

Did you try turning aging on and see what happens then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 26 (2,309 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I also have this problem. I've had it twice with sims married into my family. I tried hunger (they just eat something somehow when they should die), swimming (eternal swimming), sauna (bad moodlet just goes away), fire (they just didn't catch fire while standing in the middle of a burning room) and eventually the kill cheat (the 'kill' option wasn't available).

And no, they don't age. They were both forever stuck as if they had just aged up to young adult.

I have all the game packs and expansions and no mods. I cant remember if I had to download a mod for the kill sim thing or if it was just a cheat, but that was after the first time I had the problem. My current problem sim came into the family as an Active, Music Lover and Loner. I cant remember what the other problem lady sim was. I think I ended up deleting her but don't want to do that for this guy (he's in my legacy family).

Pleas help!
Message 16 of 26 (2,147 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Wavegirl

Reset your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
    • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 17 of 26 (2,139 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you for the reply CMeki,

I tried to do as you asked but the problem is not all sims are immortal, so its very difficult to check if the error is gone. I went through five generations before I came across this immortal sim. I did do the backup and only copied over the save folder and the sim was still immortal.

:-(
Message 18 of 26 (2,128 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Wavegirl

Oh okay, so you only have one immortal sim?

Can you install this mod: Show/Search Sim Info Mod (you'll find it at Modthesims) and check all their traits, hidden and such?

Message 19 of 26 (2,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The problem seems to be he was used as a criminal for the detective career? How do I alter these hidden traits?

Sim1.jpgSim2.jpg

Message 20 of 26 (2,116 Views)