Re: My Sim Won't Die

by piedance_

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

@Wavegirl

I've read up on this and some people seem to have found no way of fixing it, but they have not tried this. 
Google 'More CAS Traits for Sims Mod updated for Cats & Dogs patch'

Download the last file, 'Add Traits in Regular Menu Mod'

Then I think you click on the sim in-game and choose "Remove Trait", but I'm not 100% sure. I had the mod before but do not remember. Otherwise, you can try shift-clicking Standard smile

Message 21 of 26 (1,326 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ugh. That was such an excellent idea but for some reason that trait doesn't show up as a trait I can remove. :-(
I'm just going to have to delete one of my legacy sims aren't I?
Is there a way to report this to the Sims developers as a problem to patch later?
Message 22 of 26 (1,318 Views)

Hero
Did you try the cheat to remove the trait ?

traits.remove_trait <name of the trait> (type it as shown in Sims Info)

I think the root issue here is that the Sim was used as a suspect. The suspects should only be temp Sims.

Did you meet that Sim on the street/public lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 26 (1,315 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Oh my gosh it worked! Sorry, I didn't see the cheat box instructions only the pop-up box ones. But it worked!

Yes, I found him at a public lot. Part of the legacy thing is you have to marry random NPC sims. In future I will screen my sim's potential suitors.

Thank you so much for your help. :-)

Message 24 of 26 (1,306 Views)

Hero
Glad that fixed it. There's still a potential issue here but it's good to know that these Sims are around.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 26 (1,298 Views)

★ Novice
@Aeron37774 probably a very late reply but what I did was disable need decay then enable it and it fixed it
Message 26 of 26 (855 Views)