Re: My Sim Won't Age Up

by Darkmoon22322

Original Post

My Sim Won't Age Up

★★★ Novice

My child Sim was going to age up in one day, so I decided to throw her a birthday party. I invited some of her friends over and clicked on the cake for her to blow the candles. She did, but then she just walked off. Then I tried to use "Force age transition" and it started but she never aged up. Then I tried to open CAS to make her a teen and CAS won't load....What do I do?

Message 1 of 18 (88,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Something is corrupt in your game. I have had this happen. You need to delete all the sims that wont age in your game or the problem you are having will not go away. It will effect you whole town. Mess up your family tree etc.

Here is how you get rid of it because it will effect your whole town. Any sim in your town that wont age up you have to delete. You may also need to move your sims to another house. I knew which sims (non active house) was causing the problem. deleted those children but the sim in my active household stll would not age up so I had to delete that sim too. The house that was causing the problem I moved those sims to a diffrent house and problem was gone. Moving some of my sims out of active household while pregnant is what caused it. It happened more than once so I figured it out. I did the move out option in game and let those sims use some of my active household simolens to buy them a new house, Did not move them in edit town if that helps

Message 2 of 18 (87,933 Views)

Hero (Retired)

see if this helps http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/bug-aging-troubles.html

or try go to edit town move them out and back in  , if your having a CAS issue I wonder if you have some bad CC thread on bad CC and what to do

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page

Message 3 of 18 (87,929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Crin does not have that bug listed where toddlers wont age up. This bug is only specific to female sims. I had triplets only the boy would age up but not the girls . Their mother was the sim I moved out while pregnant and that is where the whole bug started. My active household has a baby girl after that would not age I deleted her. Tried for another baby again a girl would not age up. This is when I deleted all the baby girl tollders in my town. Moved the sims that were causing the problem. The glitch attaches  to the house, not just the sims. Once I moved tham out of that house that lot became corrupt. Could not move another family in that house so I bulldozed it.  Problem resolved. My active household had more girls and they aged up just fine.

Message 4 of 18 (87,926 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had this happen to my toddler female sim before. No matter how many resets/reloads I did it still occured. What I ended up doing is the morning of her birthday I used to "Testingcheatsenabled true" cheat and then shift-clicked on her. Then I selected "edit sim in CAS." While in CAS I made her a child. When I exited CAS she remained a child. I never had a problem with her aging up again. Maybe this will help your problem too. 

Message 5 of 18 (87,915 Views)

My Sim Won't Age Up

★ Novice

This exact problem is happening to me right now but when i try and go into CAS it doesnt load. I have tried everything, but i dont want to have to save my sims and replace them because then i would loose all my freinds! What should i do now

Message 6 of 18 (84,539 Views)

★★ Novice

Ive done that a bunch of times it still won't work and my game freezes trying to get into the CAS

Message 7 of 18 (81,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All of my sims whont age up and the animals it started yester day so i just lefd the game untill today it dint work my sims whont age up when it reches the top it goes bake to 0 i need help

Message 8 of 18 (80,627 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods ? Did you change anything at your game when it started ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (80,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had the aging glitch on a few occasions. I've been informed that it is (supposedly) a result of The Sims 3 Generations expansion pack. Changing the aging settings didn't work. Moving my family into a new home didn't work. Restarting my game didn't work. I reinstalled my games on one occasion, but for what? Just to haveit happen all over again?! I mean, who wants to just KEEP ON STARTING OVER?! -_-

I looked on the internet for what felt like ever and I found video on YouTube where the creator of the video explains a simple fix: Making a copying your town. Guess what? It worked! (At least for me.) When your game starts up and displays your saved family simply click on the blue icon by the town image. There's only two: the one that looks like two sheets of paper overlapping and the trash can icon.Obviously the trash can one will delete your town, so do NOT use that one! Click on the one with the two sheets of paper overlapping (if you move your mouse over it, it should say "copy" as it is the COPY icon.) After doing this you'll be prompted to give the town a name and then save it. (I personally saved the copy separately first to ensure everything worked out.)

When I navigated to it, everything was EXACTLY as before and my sims aged again! I kept my progress in everything and didn't have to restart!

Hope this helps! It's such a simple solution, so it's definitely worth a shot! Standard smile

Message 10 of 18 (77,380 Views)