My PC crashed and I had to reinstall Windows, is my game progress gone?

by ioristel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Message 1 of 2 (145 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My PC crashed and I had to reinstall Windows, is my game progress gone?

@ioristel  If your Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts is gone, and you don't have a backup, then yes, unfortunately, your progress is gone.  You might be able to download your sims from the Gallery, if you ever uploaded them.  But the saves themselves are stored locally.

You might get lucky and have a copy of the Sims 4 folder in OneDrive, so check there.  Some systems automatically sync with OneDrive by default.

In the future, it's a good idea to periodically back up the Sims 4 folder, or at least the saves folder inside, so you don't lose everything again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (135 Views)

All Replies

Re: My PC crashed and I had to reinstall Windows, is my game progress gone?

@ioristel  If your Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts is gone, and you don't have a backup, then yes, unfortunately, your progress is gone.  You might be able to download your sims from the Gallery, if you ever uploaded them.  But the saves themselves are stored locally.

You might get lucky and have a copy of the Sims 4 folder in OneDrive, so check there.  Some systems automatically sync with OneDrive by default.

In the future, it's a good idea to periodically back up the Sims 4 folder, or at least the saves folder inside, so you don't lose everything again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (136 Views)