My Game Won't Load

by emvalz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Game Won't Load

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My game had been crashing before they updated the game to fix that specific problem. Now I can't even load my game. I can go to where you select your household, but after that it just loads. The most I've waited is probably 30 minutes. I've tried resetting Origin a couple times. I've tried starting a new game, but after I make the sim I'm stuck on a white screen that says pick your world at the top. I do have mods. They are *snip* I don't know if this is affecting anything. I've tried putting them on my desktop screen so they aren't in my game, but it still didn't load. I've tried searching for answers, but nothing that's happened recently is coming up. If I'm just supposed to wait for another update then I'm sorry for this lengthy explanation.

EDIT by EA_Jason: Removed mention of specific mods. 

Message 1 of 4 (254 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Game Won't Load

@emvalz  Do you happen to have a Mac?  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (214 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@emvalz 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (246 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your solution didn't work. I waited around a half and hour, and it still hasn't loaded.

Message 3 of 4 (233 Views)

@emvalz  Do you happen to have a Mac?  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (215 Views)