My Documents Issue Now too old to continue

by Nathiel13

Original Post

My Documents Issue Now too old to continue

★★ Novice

Hey guys, with dedication and love i play SIms 3. Finally after many years - i got all base games, as they do cost a bit more.

Is it finally possible to manually change the documents folder for The Sims3 . Where oyu change location and mod content, where you put your save and all. 
There should already be like a big Sticky out there.. but somehow.. over all the years - the internet is still a jungle to me.

I now lay it in your hands. Its not much i ask. Honestly.. in this day and age.. that shouldnt be an issue anymore. Greetings.

Message 1 of 2 (277 Views)

Re: My Documents Issue Now too old to continue

[ Edited ]

@Nathiel13  There are a couple of ways to change where the Sims 3 game folder (the one in Documents) is located.  The first involves symbolic links, but it's also an easy way to screw up your computer.  I don't feel comfortable recommending it, although I'm sure you can find tutorials if you want.

The other approach is to move the entire contents of Documents to another drive.  This is fairly straightforward:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-move-default-user-folders-new-drive-windows-10

You can also move backup copies of your Sims 3 folder to another location whenever you want: just drag and drop; or right-click on the folder and select Copy, then right-click where you want it to go and select Paste.  The game won't read the backup folder if it's in another location, but you can keep extra saves and custom content elsewhere while you're not using them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (256 Views)