Re: My Custom Content is turned into a notepad. Help?

by Granolabar02

Original Post

My Custom Content is turned into a notepad. Help?

★ Apprentice

I have loads of CC and suddenly it's turned from a blank white to a notepad. No matter what I do, I can't change it.

I haven't tried to move them to the mod folder because I don't trust them.

I will try though, can anyone help me out?

Message 1 of 13 (7,900 Views)

From what I understand it doesn't really matter with what they open. Are the CC still working in game?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 13 (7,876 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes it worked, all of my CCs in my Mods file were changed too.

Message 3 of 13 (7,863 Views)

You can try changing the setting at Control Panel > Default Programs > Set Associations

This might help with that:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18539/windows-7-change-default-programs

But if the CC and Mods work I wouldn't worry too much about the icon.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 13 (7,852 Views)

★ Novice

mine do not work, they are all on notepad but it used to be a blank white icon and worked.

Message 5 of 13 (7,814 Views)

Hero

Shouldn't really matter what program is associated with package files for them to work

Do you have custom content turned on in your game options ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (7,802 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem and now i cant unzip my cc and mods. I have a windows 10 can someone help!Wondering

Message 7 of 13 (7,546 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Galaxy_Ghostly

If they have the notepad-icon but are still package-files you do not need to unzip them. Or what type of file are they? If you select the files and right click them you should be able to use your zipping programs so matter what icon they have, and if they are files compressed by windows the extract tab in the explorer show up when you just select them.
Please post a picture of your mods folder with the files sorted as detailed list if you want more help.

Message 8 of 13 (7,530 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
I have the same problem. They will not show up in my game though. Is there something wrong with my resource.cfg file? I am on windows 10 too
Message 9 of 13 (7,506 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Granolabar02

Unless you have edited the resource.cfg file there is nothing wrong with it. You can delete it then start the game. A new one will be created.

The icon on the files have nothing to do with if they work or not. Have you turned on Mods and CC in Game Options?

Please post a screenshot of the contents of your Mods folder in details view.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 13 (7,491 Views)