Re: My CC wont download into the game.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

My CC wont download into the game.

★★★ Newbie

I've tried downloading cc and mods but it hasn't worked I even downloaded WinRAR the app people have suggested using to move cc to the sims but every time I click on the file my cc was in it says item/file is damaged or unusable what do I do?

Message 1 of 2 (186 Views)

Re: My CC wont download into the game.

@tessilu2003  Please move any custom content you've already downloaded out of your Mods folder, at least for now.  Download one new cc file, and when asked, choose "Save file" rather than "Open."  If your browser doesn't give you that choice and just tries to open the file anyway, use a different browser.

If a cc item downloads in .package form, you don't need to do anything to it; just place it in Mods, and the game will read it.  Trying to open it yourself can damage the file.  Compressed files do need to be extracted first, but once they're .package files, you don't need to do anything else.  A .zip file can be opened by Windows; a .rar or .7z file needs a third-party tool, like WinRar or 7-Zip.  But again, all you need to do is right-click and extract with the app of your choice, then place the .package in Mods.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (165 Views)