My Action Menu for Sims 4 Computers Won't Open

by HH546

Original Post

Re: My Action Menu for Sims 4 Computers Won't Open

Hero
And I assume it doesn't matter which computer you use ?

Could you try a new windows user ? Just create a new user then start the game form there. You will not see any of your files cause you're on a different user. Start a new save yet again and check if that helps.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 62 (1,114 Views)

Hero

@HH546 Something just occurred to me. What desk are you using ? Have you tried using a different desk ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 62 (1,104 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I use the most expensive desk, chair, and computer all at once when testing. Doesn't work. Also, I made a new windows user... I made a new save, but for some reason it only gives me the unclickable use option in the rain. I put it inside or outside when there's no rain and there's no options at all. I didn't get to see it in the rain in any previous saves, so it's probably the case there, too. Any ideas based off of that?

Message 13 of 62 (1,100 Views)

Hero

There's currently a known issue with the Front Desk from the GTW pack that causes all options to disappear (but it still has the Order Option as far as I remember) so yours still sounds different.

Could you add some pics to illustrate ?

You can use the weather machine to change the weather to see if anything changes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 62 (1,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Here are the three PNGs. During the rain, I get the transparent use button that you see in the PNG. Outside of rain, as you can barely see, there's a white outline. If the mouse was visible, you'd see it had the cursor with the two gears, indicating it's usable. I click it in that state, and nothing appears. The third PNG is the sim autonomously using the computer. I have no control over it.

Message 15 of 62 (1,073 Views)

Hero
Since you're outside, the first one seems as expected (as the message says).

As for no rain, looks like something is blocking the menu but totally unclear what as you have done all the troubleshooting to make sure there's no left-over mods stuff.

I do assume you also used different Sims and houses in your tests (just making sure we're covering all the angles)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 62 (1,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes, I have tried using other sims and vacant houses. The only thing I haven't done is use another sim family computer, (aka travel to the Landgraabs, the Goths, etc. and using their computer) but I doubt that would help anything.

Message 17 of 62 (1,047 Views)

Hero
Wouldn't hurt to try at this point though. It's the same computer I tried for testing and the menu pops up for testing but to cover everything, do try a different computer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 62 (1,043 Views)

★ Apprentice

Funny you should say that, I just tried, same thing.

Message 19 of 62 (1,041 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just thought of something. Are there any possible mods that could fix UI, or force possible actions by teleporting them to where to go and making them do it in some way?

Message 20 of 62 (1,040 Views)