Re: Musical Genius aspiration not fulfilling.

by aodoherty

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I recently finished Super parent and Successful lineage, but not big happy family because I only have two children at the moment. I finished those as a spellcaster, but I can't really remember exactly how recently. A week or two? I'm not sure. Maybe longer, I'm on vacation this week, but when I work, time runs together, if I'm not looking for the passage. I haven't done the angler again yet, but I did finish it before starting this supersim challenge a few weeks ago. Since I don't intend to do anything else today, I'll try out the Angler aspiration again. Though I am just a regular sim now.

Message 11 of 18 (656 Views)

Hero
@home8896 OK. got some new info from a friend.

Seems all steps that require you to do something for several hours are affected by the LE (which would include the mentoring).

So, do you remember if you traveled while you were mentoring or anything else that could have broken it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 18 (647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI was in a club gathering on my tiny home lot. I completed the painter's aspiration, but had already done everything needed to level up to the top tier in the musical aspiration. As it showed the other two requirements being fulfilled, the exception popped up, and left the mentoring part unfulfilled. I stopped my game and came back, and the exception popped up. Switching from one aspiration back to musical genius makes the exception pop up, every time. Becoming a regular sim, reloading my game, traveling, going into build mode, all those usual fixes just don't seem to reset whatever it is. I hate spending hours on the repair feature, because that has never helped me in the past, and takes ages on my computer. I just finished angling ace, and it worked fine. So I cheated Musical Genius to complete it. I know I spent hours mentoring. *shrugs* Maybe my next sim will have better luck with it. Too bad, because I've invested a whole lot of time with my current and favorite sim.

Message 13 of 18 (624 Views)

Hero
@home8896 Cheating was probably the only option.

From what I gather, only the one Sim should be affected. Would be interesting to know if he can't fulfill other time-based milestones

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 18 (594 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro
@crinrict Sounds like I'm very late at joining here. You're right. My vamp sim cannot complete the mentoring milestone. Even though he opened a club gathering and mentored 7 sims for 5hrs, but it still says,'0/3..
Message 15 of 18 (521 Views)

Hero
@aodoherty Don't think we have a proper bug report for this. Could you make one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 18 (492 Views)

★★ Pro
@crinrict Oh I saw your posting just now. I will try one more time later on, then if I still have that bug, then I will create a new one. thanks. Standard smile
Message 17 of 18 (457 Views)

Hero
@aodoherty Someone made a report now: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Mentoring-in-Music-Not-Fulfilling-Musical-Genius-Aspiration/m-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 18 (2,572 Views)