Multiple unsolved problems

by MKSIMS101

Original Post

Multiple unsolved problems

★★ Novice

So, I have three problems/bugs going on in my game right now. The problems are game not responding, going back to select world, and loading forever. I'm pretty used to my game "not responding" because it doesn't really bother me, but the other two are getting on my nerves. It switches between those two bugs. If I place a household in a house, it won't let me play them. Either it takes me back to select worlds or it loads forever! I've done everything I can to fix this! I've looked over all my cc and I have no mods. I've repaired my game multiple times. Nothing is working. I'm tired of my Sims 4 always having something wrong with it. This is my last hope. 

Message 1 of 2 (222 Views)

Re: Multiple unsolved problems

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MKSIMS101 Even though you have repaired your game, could I please have you do the following in this order, just to eliminate a few possible snags

• Please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder to your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ].
  • After that, please see if the issue has stopped. Do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also. Also, please do not re-add any of the mods or cc until the game is running correctly, and even then only one at t time with testing in-between.

Are you on PC or Mac? If you are on PC could you provide us with DxDiag so we can have a look at it? https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thank you... we look forward to hearing back from you.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (205 Views)