Re: Multiple Sims Selected

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Multiple Sims Selected

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Tried deleting the 5 cache files, has only helped for about 5 minutes then the problem starts again. 

Message 1 of 2 (252 Views)

Re: Multiple Sims Selected

@Mixy69  I split your comment into its own thread because the previous thread was quite old, and besides, it didn't solve your issue.

The glitch you're experiencing is a sign of save corruption, and it's not always possible to recover the save to the point where it's playable again.  But you can try opening it in a clean folder to see whether that helps.  Drag your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and launch the game; no need to go past the Main Menu.  Inside the old game folder, find Saves, right-click to copy the folder, and right-click inside your new game folder to paste.

Now launch the game again, load your save, and play for a bit to see whether the glitch recurs.  If you get a warning about missing objects when you load the save, don't worry about it; that's because you didn't move your store or custom content into the new folder.  You can do that later, if the save does in fact run better in the new folder.

If the new folder alone doesn't help, quit without saving and clear your cache files (CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache).  Then reload the save, and as soon as the game clock starts moving forward, go to Edit Town.  Evict your household, copy the house to the bin, bulldoze the lot, place the house again, and move your family back in.  If you do this in one Edit Town session, without saving the sims themselves to the bin and replacing them, they'll keep their jobs and relationships but lose their promised wishes and opportunities.

If you can play this save forward, it's a good idea to keep backup copies of your saves, in case you see other signs of corruption later.  You can just keep your Saves folder somewhere else for now.  Going forward, it's a good idea to use "save as" and rename the save periodically, so you always have backups.  I always keep 4-6 copies of the save I'm playing, and I delete the oldest backups when I'm sure I won't need them.

Also, here's a list of the files in your game folder, with descriptions.  If the new game folder works, you can transfer the rest of your content into it from the old folder.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

If neither of these steps works, then there's not much more you can do, unfortunately.  You could try adding some mods, but the save might be too corrupted for even the most thorough mods to fix the problems.  Your only other option would be to save the household to the bin (if you want to keep their house, save it separately), and place them in a new save.  If you do this, be sure to quit to desktop and clear your cache files before starting the new save.  Don't move the sims by phone; that will preserve much of the data from the old save, including the corruption.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (244 Views)