Re: Multiple Sims 3 Launcher problems.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Multiple Sims 3 Launcher problems.

★ Novice

I've had this issue before when the Sims 3 launcher wouldn't allow me to login. Saying my information was incorrect and such but never was and eventually I was able to login after a couple of days of uninstalling CC, moving the downloads folder to my desktop and such. All the usual fixes Ive come across. But this time when I try to login, it just keeps telling me to login. No error, no nothing. Just keeps opening the login window and repeats it every time I click LOGIN . 

Issue #2: Before the login problem started happening, I would open my game in the Origin launcher (Ive had many problems with Steam Sims 3 Launcher) and load my game and family up. Once i get to the second loading screen after family select, it will get to about 99% loaded and then crashes. That went on for 2 days so I stopped trying and just started trying to look up problems on the internet. But no prevail to any of it. 

Ive become very annoyed but not angry at this since I know it happens quite often with Origin and Sims 3 it seems. Games do this, but being as I have spent a lot of money on this game (Something I dont usually do with games mind you) I am really hoping that these issues can be fixed. 

Can anyone help me on this? 

Thank you to those willing to help me in advance. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,130 Views)

Accepted Solution

@SharkyBruce  For the login issue, try clearing Internet Explorer's browser cache.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

With the game that won't load, are you still trying to troubleshoot?  There are a few things you can do that might help, but I don't want to repeat any advice that you've read already.  So if you're interested in going back to that save, let me know what you've tried so far.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,120 Views)

All Replies

@SharkyBruce  For the login issue, try clearing Internet Explorer's browser cache.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

With the game that won't load, are you still trying to troubleshoot?  There are a few things you can do that might help, but I don't want to repeat any advice that you've read already.  So if you're interested in going back to that save, let me know what you've tried so far.

Message 2 of 5 (1,121 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  Thank you. Honestly I always forget that EA /  Origin use internet explorer . I never use that browser for anything but clearing its cache was exactly what I needed to do. I kinda feel silly with that as a problem and something I should know by now to do. haha. Thanks again tough! Im not the brightest when it comes to simple fixes .

Message 3 of 5 (1,116 Views)

★ Novice
So, the login problem is fixed. But unfortunately my game will still crash at 99% with my one save file.
Message 4 of 5 (1,112 Views)

@SharkyBruce  Okay, since I don't know what you've tried already, I'll list a couple of steps that might help.

Delete the five cache files in your game folder in Documents.  While troubleshooting, delete them every time you quit the game, even if it didn't help before.  These files (CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache) will fill with stale or corrupt data, so keep trashing them.

If that doesn't work, pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Launch the game to spawn a new game folder (no need to go past the Main Menu), then quit.  Copy over your Saves folder from the old game folder to the new one.  If the save uses a store or custom world, also copy over the contents of DCCache and InstalledWorlds, but otherwise, leave everything else out of the new game folder.  You might get a warning about missing objects, but that's fine, you're not going to save your progress—the point is to see if the save will load at all.

If this doesn't help either, you might need to load a backup version of the save.  Even if you never make any, the game keeps the files from the second to last time you saved.  So trash the new game folder you created above, and make a new one.  Go into your old game folder, into Saves, and find the folder that has the name of your borked save but with a .backup extension.  (So if your save is called SunsetValley, your existing save folder will be SunsetValley.sims3, and your backup will be SunsetValley.sims3.backup.)  Delete the .backup extension and rename that save folder (i.e. SunsetValley1.sims3), and transfer it into your new game folder.

If none of this helps, there's one more long shot technique to try, but otherwise, the save might not be recoverable.

Message 5 of 5 (1,105 Views)