Re: Multiple Selected Portraits/Can't Click on my sim, Computers, Cellphones...

by J00J_11

Original Post

@J00J_11  The issue isn't Sunset Valley itself—SV is one of the most stable EA worlds to play in, along with Riverview and Twinbrook.  And it sounds like this isn't an issue of memory use either.  But like I said, if you want to start with a clean folder, it certainly won't hurt, other than the extra time you need to take to redownload your content.

However, the problem might well be some of your mods.  I didn't go through the whole list, I started by looking for a few known bad ones (you don't have them, but there are plenty of lesser known bad mods too).  But I did notice that at least a couple of your mods are outdated and reported to not work well with patch 1.67/1.69.  For example, I googled "Sims 3 Days Off mod," and the MTS mod listed wasn't updated past 2012.  Some of the comments report issues with later patches and/or store worlds.  Given those comments, I'd dump the mod and just use MC to remove days off when I wanted.

It's a good idea to go through your mod collection and cull any mods that aren't listed as fully updated for at least patch 1.66 (the update to 1.67 was trivial).  This is assuming you're on 1.67 or 1.69 as well.  If you're not, then using mods meant for a later patch could also corrupt your saves.  Any responsible mod creator will test older mods with new patches, and will if necessary update the mod, take it down, or at the very least add a note that it's no longer compatible.

Alternately, you could post at NRaas with your mod list and ask if anyone can spot an incompatibility.  My own knowledge of mods is limited to NRaas, a few well-known MTS mods, a few respected creators on MTS and Sims Asylum, and a handful of warnings about poorly made mods from other sources.  But there are people elsewhere who have experience with using and troubleshooting a much more extensive mod collection than I do.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 28 (621 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Sure, I'll post at Nraas forums when I get the time. Right now, I'm playing at Twinbrook, and everything is working fine by now, hope it doesn't happen again, but I'm still sad that the only fix is probably getting a new save. Thanks ALOT for you effort puzzleaddict, you're a really nice person! Today is New Year's day in your country? If it is, Happy New Year's Eve!
Goodbye Standard smile
Message 22 of 28 (619 Views)

@J00J_11  Hopefully you've been receiving good advice over at NRaas.  I'm sorry I couldn't offer anything better to recover your current save, but unfortunately this kind of thing happens sometimes.  Good luck with your saves in the future, and keep lots of backups.

We're still 10.5 hours away from the new year here; I'm guessing it's a bit closer for you.  Happy New Year to you too.

Message 23 of 28 (603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictHello again! I really finded myself in the willing of telling you, I fixed the 2 bugs! I noticed that (almost) everytime that the bugs happened, it was after the NRaas Overwatch clean up, so, just to test, I removed Overwatch and Error Trap from my Mods folder, and now, I'm on my original save in Sunset Valley, and I'm playing for about 2 hours now without any bugs! I know it's a little dangerous to play without these mods, but if they cause trouble, you have to remove them. It's really weird that such a recommended mod made this mess in my game, but now it's all solved. I just wanted to tell you this so maybe in the future you can help someone with the same problem as I do, and maybe give them a suggestion on removing these mods. (Now it's for sure) Happy New Year! 'Bye Wink

Message 24 of 28 (3,300 Views)

[ Edited ]

@J00J_11  I'm glad your game is running better.  But the problem isn't ErrorTrap or Overwatch.  While a cleanup or reset may have been triggering the problems, the mods are not the actual cause.  These are among the most reliable and extensively tested Sims 3 mods ever made, and they don't create issues where none exist.  The cleanups were run because they needed to happen, and a healthy game doesn't show any signs of corruption after a cleanup routine has been run.

If you wanted, you could take the scripterrors (in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) generated by ErrorTrap and possibly Overwatch to NRaas and ask for help interpreting them.  The current developer could tell you what was causing the errors, and how to possibly fix them.  It's easy enough to upload the scripterrors to the site.

If you're not interested, that's understandable.  But please don't expect your game to run better overall without ET and OW.  The game may look fine in the short run, but in the long run, the issues that the mods clean up will persist and may well corrupt your saves again.

Message 25 of 28 (561 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Okay, but how can I use Error Trap and Overwatch without getting the problems? Because I'm sure that the cleanups and resets that the mods do it's the reason of why the bugs happen.
Message 26 of 28 (545 Views)

@J00J_11  In your position, I'd take the most recent scripterrors to NRaas and ask someone to interpret them for you.  They can contain information about what sim or object is throwing the error, what's supposed to be happening when the error occurs, and what kind of data is missing or corrupt.   That way, you'll have a better idea of what you need to repair or flush, rather than just doing a blanket reset and hoping for the best.

If you want, you can create another backup of your save before putting ET and OW back in.  Just run the game until you see the cleanups and a corresponding glitch.  If you get a bunch of errors at once, you can zip them together, upload them to a third-party hosting site, and link it at NRaas.  If you only have two or three, you can upload them directly to the site; I think most browsers support a simple drag and drop into the reply field.

Message 27 of 28 (538 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict okay, I'll try that out when i get the chance. Thanks!
Message 28 of 28 (528 Views)