Re: Multiple Selected Portraits/Can't Click on my sim, Computers, Cellphones...

by J00J_11

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I have another problem now, ugh! I bulldozed the old house and now I'm trying to put the one I saved in the bin, but when I try to put the house in the lot, nothing happens, any menu appear. What should I do now?
Message 11 of 28 (733 Views)

@J00J_11  The MC notification about resets is normal.  Among other things, it resets every sim in town, and then all objects.  I wonder if it got hung up in the process and would have completed eventually.  Sometimes it takes several minutes to run properly.

As for the house, quit without saving, clear your cache files, start a new save, and try to place it.  That will make it clear whether the issue is with the house or the save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 28 (728 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Alright. So, I tested, made a new save (still in Sunset Valley) and putting the house worked fine, so we can confirm that the problem is really the save. Now, it's getting late where I live, so, will you be here in the morning, so we can discuss a solution? Or, maybe now that you got all this info, you could maybe have a last suggestion? Thanks for all the help until now btw Standard smile
Message 13 of 28 (717 Views)

@J00J_11  I'll be around tomorrow if you want to call it a night.  My next question is how much RAM the game is using when this save is active.  You can see in the Task Manager.  A good test would be to check it right after the save loads, then after five minutes of playing, then after 30 minutes, all in live mode.

I do have a few suggestions, but you might want to wait to try them.  In order of increasing intrusiveness:

• With ErrorTrap, Overwatch, and MC, do another MC reset of the town, save, quit, reload, try to replace the house again.
  • Evict your sims and place them in a different house, save, quit, reload, try to bulldoze and replace their house.  If that works, save, quit, move them into the new house.
  • Switch to playing a different household, "save as" (to get another backup) with that household active, then try the step immediately above.
  • If none of this works, test by placing a different house on the lot rather than the one you saved to the bin.

Message 14 of 28 (708 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I'll try those tomorrow. At night is hard because it's new year, at least where I live, but I really hope you'll be around tomorrow morning/afternoon (10 AM-02 PM). See you tomorrow!
Message 15 of 28 (698 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict wait... I said tomorrow? I meant today! I'll be trying the few suggestions you said earlier now, although it's very difficult to know if the problem is solved or not because I have to play for about 5-15 minutes until the bug occur. But I'll still be trying, thanks!
Message 16 of 28 (645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictI f*ck! I thought I fixed it, but I didn't! The problem still persist, even with all the suggestions you gave me. I don't know if it is a mod that I have, if it is a file that is corrupted, i really don't have any idea. I will see if the problem happens in another world too. Should I delete my saves in Sunset Valley? How do I discover and clean up corrupted data/saves?

Message 17 of 28 (569 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I thought I fixed it, but I didn't! The problem still persist, even with all the suggestions you gave me. I don't know if it is a mod that I have, if it is a file that is corrupted, i really don't have any idea. I will see if the problem happens in another world too. Should I delete my saves in Sunset Valley? How do I discover and clean up corrupted data/saves?
Message 18 of 28 (603 Views)

@J00J_11  I'd seen your earlier message, and then that you deleted it, so I was worried that was the case.  I don't know whether the issue is a mod either, although you don't need to worry about NRaas mods, at least as long as you have the current versions.  (Sometimes, current and earlier versions don't work well together.)  You could try taking out your other mods and seeing whether it makes a difference.  You could also list your mods here, unless they contain adult content; just talk around those (e.g. the W mod from NRaas).

It's entirely possible that this save is too corrupted to play forward.  But I'd still like to know how much memory it uses while you're playing.  Going over the game's ~3.7 GB memory limit is enough to cause all kinds of problems even in an otherwise "healthy" save.

You certainly don't need to delete your current saves.  Their presence in your game folder won't affect new saves.  If you want to start fresh though, you could just remove the entire  Sims 3 game folder from Documents\Electronic Arts and let the game spawn a new one.  You'd need to redownload your mods, custom content, and store stuff, but  how annoying that would be depends on how much you currently have.

Going forward, especially if you like to play rotationally, there are some things you can do to help your saves run better.  There are a number of tips on the NRaas site, but one of the most important is disabling memories.  They're a huge resource hog, and simply deleting them from sims' scrapbooks doesn't erase all the data.  (Or you can use a mod to limit the number of memories.)   Here's the full page of recommendations:

https://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE

Message 19 of 28 (601 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hi! On my normal gameplay, I always disable memories, mainly because they're annoying. And I already have seen how much RAM the game use as you said, being after the save load, then 5 minutes and then 30 minutes. And the results are (I have Windows 7):
After Save load: 1.5 K
After 5 minutes: 1.7 K
After 30 minutes: 1.8 K

And about my mod list, here it goes:
Chef Service
Gardener Service
Housekeeper Service
Live-in Maid
Sleeper Footies Boys/Girls
Book of Talents
Roaring Heights Car Fixer
Monarch Career
Crowns King/Queen
Death Note
Additional Traits for Babys
Dexter The Bear
Add Any Lot Size
No Friends Needed for Charisma
No Reports and Reviews
Nraas Career/Debug Enabler/Error Trap/Master Controller/Cheats/Overwatch/W*****er
OMSP
Pose Player
Days Off (No Maternity Leave)
BurntWaffles All citys with Sunlit Tides water
BurnWaffles Default Skins
Baby Dragon Fix

That's all the mods I have.

Now, you said: ''You certainly don't need to delete your current saves. Their presence in your game folder won't affect new saves.''

But like I said earlier, I've made 3 saves in Sunset Valley, and all the 3 had this same problems, so...

I'll wait for a response Standard smile
Message 20 of 28 (587 Views)