Re: Moving out (splitting active house) stuck in processing

by NameGani

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Moving out (splitting active house) stuck in processing

★ Guide

I am running into an issue where I cannot move out one of the kids who just turned into a young adult (after they graduated, of course).

I use the phone or computer after making sure there is an empty house available.  At that point I am able to select the vacant house as well as confirm which part of the split house will be the active one.  Then it sits on processing, for hours, until I give up and give my computer the three-finger salute (ctrl+alt+del) and force the program to end.  The town I am currently playing in is Moonlight Falls and I am playing with epic life spans active.  I do have a large house with a lot of bits and pieces on display which, I read somewhere can affect the moving process, though I do not know why when it is splitting the house and not moving the whole household.

I have had this issue before (in another town) and found that the only way I could kick the kids out once they graduated was to marry them off.  However, this particular brat is a diva with commitment issues so getting them in a relationship to the point of proposing marriage, let alone it being taken seriously, doesn't happen.  I also shouldn't have to marry the kids off to kick them out.

I have read several people having similar issues and the only solutions given were to use the edit town and split the household that way or restart them game.

I have tried to have them move out via the cell and the computer and, as stated above, it goes through the motions then gets stuck in final processing.  When I try to split the household through edit town all it does is make the active family inactive.  When I make the family active again the YA I've been trying to kick out is still a part of the family.

My computer exceeds the min system reqs, I have most of the EPs and am running the current patch, I do use Twallan mods and they are all up to date.

Any other ideas or help with this is greatly appreciated.  I currently have a full house and want to start making room so I can get the heir married and working on the next generation.  Preferably without pulling any hair, real or digital, out.

Message 1 of 15 (32,423 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Then it's probably the axe.

Backup the game, move it to the family inventory, then move.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 15 (36,490 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. Can't move Sims out using phone, computer, or kicking them out (moving process freezes after confirming new family). 

When I try to manually split them in Edit Town, I have no clipboard (which i assume is the source of the problem). No family can be clipped in anyway to a clipboard. It does not seem to be there.

Message 2 of 15 (32,401 Views)

★ Guide

In edit town I can move whole (inactive) families to the clipboard and place them back in the same house or another one just fine; it only refuses to split the active household.

I did try to " resetsim * " and reset all sims in the town to see if that was the issue and it still gets stuck in processing after confirming the new active family.

Message 3 of 15 (32,396 Views)

Hero

Does it matter which Sim you try to split ? 

Do you have a pangu's axe in your home ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (32,393 Views)

★ Guide

I will double check to see if this is the only sim that gets stuck.  The last time I had this issue I had been able to move one family member out then it stopped letting me unless they got married.  And that worked on all but an imaginary friend turned real (I ended up letting him starve to death since he wouldn't remember to eat and just yell that he was hungry, I think I laughed when Grimm finally came to collect him).

I do have pangu's axe, it is currently hanging on a wall of the house.  Again, the last time I had this issue I also had the disappearing pangu's axe glitch where it took it from the inventory of the sim who was carrying it and put it in the family inventory.  However it wouldn't let me see it when I put it on a wall to reclaim it until I did a complete uninstall, deleted all save games and started fresh... again...

Message 5 of 15 (32,388 Views)

Hero

Then it's probably the axe.

Backup the game, move it to the family inventory, then move.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (36,491 Views)

★ Guide

...wow, just... wow...

While I did run the superpatch and reinstalled all the mods just to make sure everything was truly up to date, I would have to say it was the axe.

I put it in family storage as suggested and the diva was moved out within five minutes, flawlessly.

While I find it hard to believe that a "quest" item from WA, which has been out for a long time, can still cause such an issue for something as simple as splitting up the active household.  At least the solution is simple.

Thanks for the insight, you're awesome :catlol:

Message 7 of 15 (32,384 Views)

Hero

WA has a lot of problems and none of them seem to get fixed.

I'm glad it worked for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (32,380 Views)

★★ Novice

i have this same problem! what is this axe you are talking about? please help Standard smile

Message 9 of 15 (32,348 Views)

★ Guide

The axe is from the World Adventures EP which is gained from an opportunity chain in China.

Message 10 of 15 (32,335 Views)