Re: Moving content from Pc to Mac

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Moving content from Pc to Mac

★ Novice

I am looking into a new computer and I'm thinking about a mac. I have a pc now. Will I be able to move the content saved on my PC? If so, how? Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (186 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Supergrl2017  You can install the game on your new computer easily enough: just login to Origin and download it from your game library, for free.  All of your user data, everything that you've created, is stored in your Sims 4 game folder in Documents.  The important contents of this folder can be manually transferred from one computer to another.  The best practice is to launch the game once on the new computer and then copy over the files you want to keep.  Here's a list of everything in your game folder:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/

Even though mods and cc should transfer properly with everything else, you may find you'll need to redownload some, or all, files.  Your saves, builds, and households should be fine though.

If you're curious about how various Macs can be expected to run the game, please head over to the Sims 4 Mac section for advice.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (157 Views)

All Replies

@Supergrl2017  You can install the game on your new computer easily enough: just login to Origin and download it from your game library, for free.  All of your user data, everything that you've created, is stored in your Sims 4 game folder in Documents.  The important contents of this folder can be manually transferred from one computer to another.  The best practice is to launch the game once on the new computer and then copy over the files you want to keep.  Here's a list of everything in your game folder:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/

Even though mods and cc should transfer properly with everything else, you may find you'll need to redownload some, or all, files.  Your saves, builds, and households should be fine though.

If you're curious about how various Macs can be expected to run the game, please head over to the Sims 4 Mac section for advice.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (158 Views)