Moved sim folder and now save files or CC won't work/load

by xbeckah

Original Post

Moved sim folder and now save files or CC won't work/load

★★★ Novice

I had to move my EA folder due to being placed in new folder, now the game is acting like i have never played before. No save file is being shown or CC showing up. When going on gallery some of the things I uploaded on there is being shown. Help to recovering everything

Message 1 of 4 (1,256 Views)

Re: Moved sim folder and now save files or CC won't work/load

@xbeckah  Your saves need to be in the Sims 4 folder the game is reading in Documents\Electronic Arts, or else they won't load.  You can simply locate that folder, then move your saves to the saves folder inside; the same applies to your mods and cc, plus any saved households or builds you might want to keep.  (Those are in the Tray folder.)  Here's how to find the folder:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

The Gallery items you uploaded are saved to EA servers, so they'll be available whether or not you still have the originals on your hard drive.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (1,245 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hi, is this the same if i moved the whole folder? not just the save file folder?
Message 3 of 4 (1,238 Views)

@xbeckah  The concept is the same no matter what you moved.  If you moved the entire Sims 4 folder, the game would have created a new one, instead of merely creating a new saves folder or whatever.  You still need to put your saves into the Sims 4 folder the game is reading, then they'll show up.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (1,229 Views)