Re: Move the Sims 4 (whole game not just the save) to a new pc

by GoodOnYaCurly

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Move the Sims 4 (whole game not just the save) to a new pc

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi all, I was just wondering if it were possible to move the Sims 4 to a new computer without having to download it again. I'm upgrading my girlfriend's computer and doing a fresh install of Windows as that is long overdue but downloading Sims 4 again will be an issue as were on mobile data and will take a few months of our quota to try download everything again. 

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3 (330 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

No it need to be downloaded and installed. I recommend you go somewhere where you can get on WiFi to do this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (323 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

No it need to be downloaded and installed. I recommend you go somewhere where you can get on WiFi to do this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (324 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen I tried forcing it to find/accept the game files through CMD and a couple other work arounds a that have worked on other things in the past but alas, nothing.
Thank you for your response
Message 3 of 3 (290 Views)