by OneEvilKitteh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Move Objects Cheat Not Working, No Dowloads

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Romantic Garden Stuff Pack Child Toys Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Access Cheat Bar: Shift + Control + C 2. Type: testingcheats on 3. Press enter 4. Type: bb.moveobjects on 5. Press enter 6. Nothing will happen, cheat does not work
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot move the objects outside the grid when the cheat is supposed to allow this
What do you expect to see? With this cheat working correctly, I expect to see my cursor be able to move objects outside the gridlines so I can move objects wherever I want.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

All all, I just want to make a porch. The pillars do not line up correctly no matter how hard I try. I want to move the pillars so it looks nice for a porch. The date is December 26, 2018. 

Message 1 of 8 (12,758 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Move Objects Cheat Not Working, No Dowloads

★★★★★ Apprentice

@xSilverSnowflake wrote:

I just started ever playing Sims 4 two days ago. (First time playing Sims in general). I saw on Youtube how people could move objects using the cheat and pressing alt. I assumed you could do the same with pillars. Before coming here and asking questions, I spent a good hour googling and reading articles about the cheat and how to activate it. Never read anywhere that you could move everything except pillars. I’m still learning so any information is good. 

Well that's totally understandable. Standard smile  Columns are one of the few things that moo doesn't allow freedom with, unfortunately. They forced a grid snap on them in TS4 that's very frustrating and ugly sometimes.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (12,704 Views)

All Replies

Champion
I think moveobjects just removes restrictions on placement of things, so you can make them overlap.

If you want to move things without snapping to gridlines, you're supposed to hold ALT.
Message 2 of 8 (12,734 Views)

★ Novice

That’s the problem, using ALT isn’t working. I would like to move pillars between the guidlines, but using the cheat does not work for me to move items between guidlines. 

Message 3 of 8 (12,728 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have you been able to freely move columns before with the mo cheat? I don't think moveobjects has ever given you the ability to freely place columns iirc.

Message 4 of 8 (12,719 Views)

★ Novice

I just started ever playing Sims 4 two days ago. (First time playing Sims in general). I saw on Youtube how people could move objects using the cheat and pressing alt. I assumed you could do the same with pillars. Before coming here and asking questions, I spent a good hour googling and reading articles about the cheat and how to activate it. Never read anywhere that you could move everything except pillars. I’m still learning so any information is good. 

Message 5 of 8 (12,713 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@xSilverSnowflake wrote:

Well that's totally understandable. Standard smile  Columns are one of the few things that moo doesn't allow freedom with, unfortunately. They forced a grid snap on them in TS4 that's very frustrating and ugly sometimes.

Message 6 of 8 (12,705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@xSilverSnowflakeYou could try to find alternative objects to use instead of a column in Build&Buy. There may be some alternatives in the decorations section and they should be moveable with the use of alt.
Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (12,686 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I love you, thank you for mentioning that you have to hold alt I've been trying to fix this for like an hour. When I grow old ur getting my fourtune.

Message 8 of 8 (907 Views)