Re: Mouse sensitivity

by selfpredator

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mouse sensitivity

★★★ Novice

Before the July patch, it had been maybe a month or so before I played, so I don't know if this is a new issue because of the patch or if it is the fault of my newer mouse (though I think I've played with this mouse before and not had the issue), but in CAS if I click and barely pull to try and move details of a sim's face, it moves entirely too fast and sometimes not even in the right direction? It has a similar problem with rotating them, and using the mouse wheel in live mode also goes much too fast. Is there any way to fix this?

My mouse settings are smack-dab in the middle, and turning the mouse speed way down doesn't seem to change the speed of editing features. Please help, I've been wanting to play and I can barely navigate the game with this problem. Frown

Message 1 of 42 (33,933 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your help! I ended up taking out some mods and now it's working fine for some reason... Ah well, problem solved!

View in thread

Message 3 of 42 (33,861 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@wentzthisway

Have a look here, you need to do similar but instead, reinstalling the game I think reset of the game folder in the way I have described below will be enough.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Issue-with-Camera-speed-and-sensitivity/m-p/7852425#M1...

Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. If you don't use mods - skip this step.
Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder working properly

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 42 (33,871 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your help! I ended up taking out some mods and now it's working fine for some reason... Ah well, problem solved!

Message 3 of 42 (33,862 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was having this same issue after I updated my laptop and I figured out that reshade was the issue. I removed reshade from the game and now my mouse is working normally.

Message 4 of 42 (33,802 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am still having these issues, even after following all your steps and ultimatly completely reinstalling my game.. it is absolutly impossible for me to create a sim as I want to or use the photographer's carreer. I don't know what else to do.

Message 5 of 42 (33,644 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having this same problem for about the last week? No mods or CC installed. It only seems to be a huge problem in TAB mode or when trying to take a photo in-game.

Message 6 of 42 (33,577 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please read the answer by mimi541 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 42 (33,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@LizzyMacTownie I found in another post that the Origin In-Game overlay causes that issue.
Here's how to turn it off: Origin > Application Settings > Origin In-game and then disable that slider. That fixed it for me. (:

Message 8 of 42 (33,460 Views)

★ Apprentice

So it seems for the last few months my mouse is out of control. It spazzes out in Fullscreen and windowed Fullscreen but works fine in windowed mode. The problem with windowed mode that game play is attrocious, as in lag and freezing with lots of idle animation. 

In fullscreen and windowed Fullscreen mode the game runs perfect on my old dinosaur laptop but has the mouse glitch..not in CAS, just in live mode, build/buy mode. So I end up having to switch back to windowed mode and it's driving me crazy now. I've tried reinstalling games, turning off origin in game, brought a new mouse, updated mouse drivers, changed mouse settings and reverted a windows 10 update and nothing worked. I also thought it was reshade after reading comments but I took that out months ago and it didn't make a difference. I really need help with this please. Someone, anyone.. ideas please🙏

P.s. please don't say repair, uninstall etc etc I've done everything I can think of. 

Message 9 of 42 (33,243 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@selfpredator This worked for me as I was wondering why everything was so sensitive in game. Much thanks.
Message 10 of 42 (33,195 Views)