Re: Mouse doesn't work correctly???

by mcdestinee

Original Post

Mouse doesn't work correctly???

★ Apprentice

So after the newest update, I'm having trouble selecting items in The Sims gameplay.

This was where it was most prevalent: Create-A-Sim customization.

I want to select an outfit to try on, but it won't select when I click it, the previous outfit is still highlighted. I tried to change the colour of a suit, and no matter what I did, I couldn't click the dropdown menu for the different colours. I unplugged the mouse and plugged it back in, nothing changed. I closed out and reopened the Sims, nothing changed. I also uninstalled and reinstalled, left my computer alone, and even went on Google for 3 hours. Nothing changed except my mouse was working perfectly fine on Google.

I tried looking through the other forums and questions, and either the attempts of a solution didn't really make sense to me, something I already tried, or something I just didn't know how to do if I could do it.

Message 1 of 10 (1,500 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have everything except Island Living, Strangerville, and the free guitar

Message 2 of 10 (1,458 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@gamerzz00 Is it on the right hand side, about halfway down? I’ve had this problem for ages, but I’ve been able to work around it until now. The new update’s “load game” button is now RIGHT in my dead spot, so I can’t access past saves right now.
I’ve repaired my game and deleted a bunch of old cc items, but haven’t found a fix yet.
Just chiming in to say it’s not just you and not your mouse. I’ve come across a few other people on reddit who also have this issue.
Message 3 of 10 (1,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

PS I’ve also repaired my game and EPs in origin several times, with no success. Frown

ETA: After perusing the forums a bit more, I found helpful options HERE.

I’m now successfully playing in Windows full screen. 

Message 4 of 10 (1,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I just uninstalled Origin and Sims 4, reinstalled it all, repaired he game and its files (it recovered my cas cc), but yeah, I cannot retrieve my old worlds and I'm still having the problem above. My sister and I share an acct on different computers, and she said that her side works perfectly fine.

DP merged into https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Mouse-doesn-t-work-correctly/m-p/8037939#M146682

Message 5 of 10 (1,414 Views)

★★★ Novice
@gamerzz00 I’m having this problem too! In build mode it won’t let me select the tools and when I’ve been building walls they get stuck.
Message 6 of 10 (1,384 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, its really frustrating not being able to play the game properly.......

Message 7 of 10 (1,373 Views)

★ Apprentice

Has anybody found a solution they could link me to?

Message 8 of 10 (1,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@gamerzz00

Read both topics. Both errors seem to be related to the screen resolution setting. Try to change it. Maybe try to play in the windowed mode?

1.About lost worlds (old saves)
Have a look here
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/can-t-press-load-game/m-p/8034542#M146509
2.About the mouse in CAS
Have a look here
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CAS-Glitch-Unnaccessible-Colour-Swatches/m-p/7121504#M...

I don't work for EA

Message 9 of 10 (1,343 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you so much for the links, I'll try them when I get a chance! <3

Message 10 of 10 (1,319 Views)