by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Info Request] Mouse cursor not working properly

Hero

Great to hear that it helped you Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 51 (12,170 Views)

Mouse stuck on rotation?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Alright. This is my first time coming here, but I really need help. I do not want to lose my sims because my mouse is acting up.

I have an Acer Aspire E1-572-6829, Windows 8 computer.

I was playing normally, about to make my 5th sim, until it started not letting me click things. It's basically locked on the rotating camera option.

I can't even exit out of the game unless I force quit and I took like 4 hours on these sims, I really don't want to restart.

I tried the mouse trail thing, but I don't have mouse trail on. I would try window mode, but I can't even click the settings.

My mouse works everywhere else, but not here.

Are there any keyboard shortcuts available that will help me select windowed mode? I just want to try and see if windowed mode works, maybe?

I also have a video if you need a visual explanation. Thank you!

Message 22 of 51 (12,130 Views)

Re: Mouse stuck on rotation?

★★★★ Novice

This is my problem exactly, is there a reason this keeps happening? It's only in CAS when the curser locks itself into "rotate" or "camera" mode and you can't click anything else. All you can do is rotate your sim.

It always ends in me closing the Sims via task manager

Message 23 of 51 (12,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem but i cant fix it! need help! 

Message 24 of 51 (11,927 Views)

★★★ Novice
  1. What's your Operating System ?
  2. What mouse are you using ?
  3. Do you a mouse/touchpad or some other input device ? (or both) ?
  4. What symptoms are you seeing exactly ?
  5. Are you playing in Full Windowed mode, Windowed Mode or Fullscreen mode ? --> Try switching those around to see if one work

1- Windows 7 Home Premium (laptop)

2- Logitech mx518

3- Mouse

4- Cannot click sims I can click on the menu but o the objects (speeds, moods, etc)

5- I tried all modes and nothing...

Still won't work...

Message 25 of 51 (11,880 Views)

Hero

Do you guys still have the demo installed ? If so, uninstall it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 51 (11,877 Views)

★★★ Novice

My problem is after 2 hours of game play I could no longer interact with objects like making food or taking a shower ect. I put in a complant to EA got an answer back to day they said to make sure that my game is up to date which it is I uninstalled origin then made sure to reinstall the newest version uninstalled sims 4 a few times. so all this going on since launch day which is when i bought the game. today after geting the e-mail from EA I again made sure that my game is up to date then started to play and for some reson I could interact with objects againConfusedmileyhappy: well after playing for a few hours I can't interact again Confusedmileymad: Oh this is such a pain in the a$$.

my os is windows 7 64 bit

my mouse is logitech wireless

I have tried playing all the differnt window modes nothing helps I don't have the mousetrail problem just can not interact with stuff I can buy suff move to a differnt house, travel but other then that all i can do is sit here and watch my sim.

Message 27 of 51 (11,876 Views)

Hero

This thread has a few suggestions: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sims-4-game-breaking-bug-can-t-click-anything-beyond...

See if any of them help you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 51 (11,873 Views)

★★★ Novice

I uninstalled the Demo and changed the display to 125% works fine now

Message 29 of 51 (11,861 Views)

Hero

Good to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 51 (11,859 Views)