Mouse cursor in CAS is acting up

by MoMooush

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mouse cursor in CAS is acting up

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, so I've just opened my game after the recent patch update and the mouse cursor in CAS is really finicky and doesn't work properly. When I grab a body part and try to edit it, the cursor goes from one extreme to another and can't seem to go smoothly. I've looked through other people's questions and have tried changing from windowed to full widowed and changing my mouse sensitivity and repairing my game through origin. None of which have worked. I use custom content, but I've never once had this issue. I play on a PC with Windows 10. If anyone has any other ideas of how to fix this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mo

Message 1 of 3 (1,788 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mouse cursor in CAS is acting up

@MoMooush  This issue is often caused by Reshade.  Uninstall it and see whether it helps.

If it doesn't, or you don't have Reshade, try disabling Origin in-game, both on the global and game-specific levels.  For the global setting, hover over your username in Origin, then click Application Settings, then More > Origin in-game.  For the game setting, right-click on TS4's icon in your game library, select Game Properties, and uncheck the box for Origin in-game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,748 Views)

All Replies

@MoMooush  This issue is often caused by Reshade.  Uninstall it and see whether it helps.

If it doesn't, or you don't have Reshade, try disabling Origin in-game, both on the global and game-specific levels.  For the global setting, hover over your username in Origin, then click Application Settings, then More > Origin in-game.  For the game setting, right-click on TS4's icon in your game library, select Game Properties, and uncheck the box for Origin in-game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,749 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! This did just the trick, and after trying so many solutions, who knew it'd be this easy Disappointed But THANK YOU!!! I was trying to make a new save file to completely renovate all of the worlds and sims and ran right into that problem, you've saved my sanity, haha.

Message 3 of 3 (1,727 Views)