Mouse Cursor not working properly

by bbootsy16

Original Post

Mouse Cursor not working properly

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Movie hang out Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet stuff, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not entirely sure what is causing the bug, I've removed all my mods and it still will appear, It could possibly do with the recolour extra that I have for my game but other than that I have no idea what else it could be except the game itself.
What happens when the bug occurs? On about a third of my screen, the mouse changes from the sims cursor to my normal cursor and I can not click on anything. I can still move it around and all but can not click on anything. This bug has been going on for over a year now and I have worked around it but now with the new patch update I cannot click on the option 'Load Game'
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sims cursor on my entire screen and be able to click everwhere on my screen. It should not be an issue because my cursor works everywhere on my screen when I am not playing sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have been fine before playing my game while I couldn't click on some parts of the screen but now where the new patch update is and the options for New game and load game have moved I can not click on the option for Load Game, therefore I can not play the game. 

Message 1 of 2 (232 Views)

Re: Mouse Cursor not working properly

Hero
@bbootsy16 This often happens if you have some kind of overlay running in the back:

- Origin In Game
- Discord
- Geforce Experience
- Windows also has some option that's causing this. Need to research again what that was.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (206 Views)