Re: Mouse Cursor Problems

by Gloxinia19

Original Post

Mouse Cursor Problems

★★★ Apprentice

When i play the mouse cursor goes to game cursor then when it turns to normal cursor the game stopped working 

Message 1 of 26 (839 Views)

Hero

Hi @Gloxinia19

having a bit issues to understand your problem

Do you mean you have a normal cursor while playing or that your game crashes ?

For Crashes, could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (793 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My game never crashes. It just goes to sims cursor and then normal cursor and when its normal cursor it doesn’t work 

Message 3 of 26 (781 Views)

Hero
Does that happen every time you play or just occasionally ?

There's many threads with normal cursors but they always seem to fix themselves.

Do you have mouse trails on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (774 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It happens when i play. I move my mouse and its the game’s cursor in one place then when i move it again its the normal cursor  

Message 5 of 26 (768 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (748 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There is really nothing wrong with my computer

Message 7 of 26 (734 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Gloxinia19  For some reason dxdiag is not able to identify the processor. The game does look at this. Your computer shows 32Mb of dedicated video memory. In reality it has no dedicated video memory, your computer borrows memory from main memory. This seems to be problematic with this game and integrated video chips. The minimum requirement for this game is 128Mb dedicated video memory. IMO your free space on the hard drive is low. The page file (virtual memory) may be too small - needs to be looked at. There are some update failures which need to be checked. While 4Gb of memory may be enough to play this game, the video system is using about 1.5Gb. As you have a 64 bit operating system, more memory may help but the 32Mb dedicated video memory is still going to be an issue.

Message 8 of 26 (729 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
but how can i fix my problem? i didn't used to have problems before
Message 9 of 26 (715 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Gloxinia19  Lack of free space on the system drive kind of sneaks up on you. One day everything is fine, next day there are issues. It depends on what applications and services are running. The Windows operating system bloats, it is what is does. At a certain point when free space gets low, the operating system (Windows) starts to choke. You may not really notice it but Windows tries to resolve issues by moving things around and this uses computer time which in turn takes away from other applications and services. As free space tightens up things will get more noticeable and this is where lag could come from. 3D graphical games are very computer resource demanding and there is a point where the game will suffer as other applications and/or services are demanding cpu time. There used to be a formula to figure how much free space but as storage devices (hard drives) starting exceeding 1Tb the formula didn't really make sense anymore. The fix for this issue is to transfer data that is not linked (movies, music, pictures. your thesis, etc) to another drive or get a bigger system drive and image the old drive to a larger drive.  The fact that your computer is using an integrated video chip and less then 128Mb of dedicated video memory is engineered into the computer and if it's a laptop, the fix is a new better performing laptop that meets the minimum requirements. There are so many things that show the age of your laptop such of the native resolution of the display (1366x768). This is an odd resolution and the highest resolution for your hardware without adding more hardware which you can't do to a laptop. See if the processor has a driver and update it. Your going to have to take the issues one at a time and see if resolves the issue. Try Googling the issues. First have a basic understanding of the issue, then look for a solution. Here's a hint - I haven't bought beer in a long time.

Message 10 of 26 (707 Views)