Mouse Controls in Sims 4 not working? :(

by laurenx09

Original Post

Re: Mouse Controls in Sims 4 not working? :(

Hero
Did you try all the suggestions in this thread ? Which camera mode are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 17 (2,906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, so I had this same problem, my camera was set to sims 4 and I could do everything with my mouse except click and drag the screen. I don't know how it is with everyone else, but I tried resetting the game and my origin and it didn't change. I went through and looked at every setting in my game.

After stressing out I finally noticed that when I did click on the screen, it was as if I was holding shift. I wasn't though, my keyboard doesn't have any stuck keys or anything like that. So when I clicked on things it only gave the options to cheat, not interact.

So I just pushed my shift key real quick and it solved it.

Honestly I feel kinda dumb bc of it but if this helps anyone I'd rather post my solution and look stupid.

Message 12 of 17 (2,784 Views)

★ Novice

My issue is kinda of the same but it’s different at the same time! It’ll let me rotate but it won’t rotate correctly like it has before. It’ll rotate it to go back the other way my sims will freak out in CAS & won’t go the other way, etc. Same in Live Mode, it won’t let me rotate correctly without freaking out.

Message 13 of 17 (2,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This method doesn’t work for me

Message 14 of 17 (2,456 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KaitlynKat12345 Hi! I'm having the exact same issue as you. I'm wondering if you got yours fixed. If you did, can I know how? Thanks a lot.
Message 15 of 17 (2,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KaitlynKat12345 I'm having the same issue just now. did you fix it? If so how? thx
Message 16 of 17 (2,120 Views)

Community Manager
Hi folks,

This thread is a few years old at this point. The advice that once worked back then might not be as helpful for you now. Could you open a new/current thread on this please and feel free to add any relevant information to help. I'll close this thread here to limit necroposting.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 17 of 17 (2,104 Views)