Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Mouse Controls in Sims 4 not working? :(

by laurenx09

Original Post

Re: Mouse Controls in Sims 4 not working? :(

Hero
Did you try all the suggestions in this thread ? Which camera mode are you using ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 12 (381 Views)

Re: Mouse Controls in Sims 4 not working? :(

★★★★ Newbie

Hi, so I had this same problem, my camera was set to sims 4 and I could do everything with my mouse except click and drag the screen. I don't know how it is with everyone else, but I tried resetting the game and my origin and it didn't change. I went through and looked at every setting in my game.

After stressing out I finally noticed that when I did click on the screen, it was as if I was holding shift. I wasn't though, my keyboard doesn't have any stuck keys or anything like that. So when I clicked on things it only gave the options to cheat, not interact.

So I just pushed my shift key real quick and it solved it.

Honestly I feel kinda dumb bc of it but if this helps anyone I'd rather post my solution and look stupid.

Message 12 of 12 (259 Views)
sims-four-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help