Most of my sims 3 custom content isn't showing up

by NameesaiLayy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Most of my sims 3 custom content isn't showing up

★ Apprentice

I've spent the last couple of hours downloading custom content for my sims 3 game but less than half of it is showing up. I read on one of the other threads that we could download the Cumulative base game super patch but when I did it said the sims 3 is not installed (I was thinking maybe that's because I don't have the disk version) I don't understand all this technical stuff but is there anything I can do to make my cc show up.

Message 1 of 7 (639 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Most of my sims 3 custom content isn't showing up

[ Edited ]

@NameesaiLayy  Okay, in the second screenshot, you can only have .Sims3pack files in Downloads.  If they're inside a folder, or they're a different kind of file, the launcher won't read them, and you won't be able to install them.

For the .package files in the first screenshot, please test three or four of them in another clean folder, with nothing else added to that folder .  If they don't show up, send me the links in a private message, and I'll try them on my computer.  (It has to be via PM because we're not allowed to post direct download links to third-party content on this forum.)  They maye be outdated or corrupt, but it's difficult to tell without testing on multiple systems.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (559 Views)

All Replies

@NameesaiLayy  The Super Patch only works on installs via disc, or macOS installs through Origin.  It should never be run on a Windows/Origin or Steam install.

What kind of content are you using: Sims3Packs or .package-based files (or both)?  Have you tried the nonworking content in a clean Sims 3 user data folder?  If you're not sure how to do that, just move your existing Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, and add the content to that folder.  It's best to try just a few items at a time.

Be sure to delete the five cache files in your user data folder too: they should be deleted whenever you add or remove content from the folder.  For reference:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache,package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Message 2 of 7 (605 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I’ve been using both Sims3packs and package-based files, I tried moving them into a clean folder just now and they’re still not showing up. I’ve also deleted the cache files. I don’t know why they're not working.
Message 3 of 7 (592 Views)

@NameesaiLayy  Please open a File Explorer window and take a screenshot of the contents of the Sims 3 folder into which you're adding the custom content.  Make sure the file path (above the list of files) is showing.  You can black out your username if necessary, but leave the rest intact.

Message 4 of 7 (582 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay

Message 5 of 7 (569 Views)

[ Edited ]

@NameesaiLayy  Okay, in the second screenshot, you can only have .Sims3pack files in Downloads.  If they're inside a folder, or they're a different kind of file, the launcher won't read them, and you won't be able to install them.

For the .package files in the first screenshot, please test three or four of them in another clean folder, with nothing else added to that folder .  If they don't show up, send me the links in a private message, and I'll try them on my computer.  (It has to be via PM because we're not allowed to post direct download links to third-party content on this forum.)  They maye be outdated or corrupt, but it's difficult to tell without testing on multiple systems.

Message 6 of 7 (560 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict That worked thank you!
Message 7 of 7 (549 Views)