Re: Most of my registration codes won't work for Sims 3

by mirandaburger

Original Post

Most of my registration codes won't work for Sims 3

★ Novice

I've had Sims 3 installed for a while but had to reset my computer. I'm able to download a few from origin but the others won't allow me to register and claims it's invalid! I check and it isn't already on my origin so why aren't my codes working??? 

Message 1 of 7 (470 Views)

@mirandaburger  Is it possible you registered the codes to a different account?  Even if you never used Origin, adding the codes to your Sims 3 Store account would amount to the same thing—the store and Origin share information.  You can try signing into the store (or Origin) with old email addresses and clicking "I forgot my password"—any address that's already associated with an account will get a password reset email.

If you do have multiple accounts, you can ask EA customer support to merge them.  Keep in mind that any store content bought by the account getting merged will likely not transfer into the active one.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (463 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mirandaburger   Are you using the same Origin account on the new computer as the old computer? Did the game and/or ever appear in your Origin account? Are you using the same login and password as the old computer? You can install Origin on as many computer as you want and use your account as you want but you can only use the account (login and password) on one computer at a time. What is the exact error message are you getting? Did you register all these game/packs at any time?

Message 3 of 7 (459 Views)

★ Novice
@roberta591 It should all be the same email and account.. There is a slight possibility that I had another email back then but that email no longer even exists due to inactivity. Origin was used after i downloaded all these games to my computer. I did start using origin when it became a thing but only a few of my packs show up on origin. So for some reason I was able to upload a few but not all a few years ago. I bought these in 2011, downloaded them to my computer but I didn't upload to origin until 2016 I believe. So I'm honestly not sure where to go from here. I have a total of 15 disks and 10 of them are invalid.. So that would be alot of money to replace them..
Message 4 of 7 (444 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I replied below on another comment but everything should be the same. There's a slight possibility it could be another email but if it was, the email no longer exists due to inactivity. So not really sure where to go from here.
Message 5 of 7 (441 Views)

@mirandaburger  If you own everything on disc, and your base game disc was manufactured prior to September 2012, you could do an all-disc install, no Origin necessary.  Let me know if you'd like to go in that direction, and I'll post instructions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 7 (431 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mirandaburger   The latest way to properly register this game is to redeem the game code in Origin. Once the base game is in Origin there is a manual patch that will patch the game to the latest public version. At that time Origin will patch the base the game to the latest version. This is an Origin only patch. All expansions should then be patched to the latest version. Prior to Origin TS3 pack registration was very loose. What is the message you are getting when you try the enter the codes? Instead olf Origin did you try thesims3.com site? Registering at thesims3.com should automatically register the packs to Origin.

Message 7 of 7 (423 Views)