Moodlet Fading Slowly, Causing In-game Lag

by Daisayyy

Original Post

Moodlet Fading Slowly, Causing In-game Lag

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets Parenthood Get Together City Living Kid's Stuff Get to Work Dining
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? fix moodlet fade time when sim is active
What happens when the bug occurs? Kids won't return from school, actions are slow to complete, game overall laggy, 3x/2x speed doesn't work and slow to pause/unpause
What do you expect to see? A fast game with moodlets going away once they meet 0 minutes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have no idea how to describe this, but whenever one of my sims (the one that I'm using in the household) has a "moodlet" (i.e. Peeing Self, Lack of Exercise, 2nd Trimester) that reaches 0 minutes, it blinks and blinks and never goes away. When this happens, I can't speed up time, kids (the household has 1 adult, 7 kids) don't come home from school, actions are incredibly slow to complete. From 11AM to 6:30PM gametime, the "peeing self" moodlet was blinking at 0 minutes. I tried to have her cook some pancakes and it took a long time for the action to be used (was doing nothing, standing... even though the action was in the queue). Kids came home at 6:30. Between the hours they should've been home Basketball and 6, I had received a few "New kid dropped their bib!" -esque messages and the responses from those were quick. 

I hope this makes sense!!

Message 1 of 6 (575 Views)

Re: Moodlet Fading Slowly, Causing In-game Lag

Hero

Hi @Daisayyy

have you tried deleting your cache files (especially localthumbnailcache) and repairing the game to see if that helps ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (555 Views)

★★ Novice
What will the cache files delete?
Message 3 of 6 (541 Views)

Hero

Cache files are for storing temp info so the loads/runs faster (it's like your browser cache). Over time, a lot of crap is accumulated though so it's good practice to delete them from time to time and let the game re-build them.

You can backup your folder if you want to make sure you don't delete something you shouldn't have by accident.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (535 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Daisayyy for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (509 Views)

Hero
Moved this to general issue for troubleshooting and lack of feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (485 Views)