Re: Monte Vista Wood Fire Oven!

by UntotheLord

Original Post

@UntotheLord  The store itself can be kind of annoying to navigate.  I linked the premium content page because the way things are supposed to work is that you can download directly from the product pages of the items you own.  So even if you didn't remember which ones you'd bought, you could click on each link to see whether the blue Download button showed up.  But it sounds like that didn't work, at least for Monte Vista.  Anyway, your purchase history should work as well.

Also, be sure to install worlds one at a time, and other items in batches of about six, or you might end up with more corrupt store content.  The launcher isn't particularly efficient either.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 14 (1,442 Views)

★★ Apprentice

OK, I THINK I did everything you recommended, instead of going outdoors on this gorgeous 70 degree sunny day, but when I bought a woodfire oven and clicked on it I just got the nraas option only, like before.  For now, I quit.  Our horses need to be fed, and I need to get outdoors!  LOL  

Thanks for everything.

Message 12 of 14 (503 Views)

@UntotheLord  Is this in your clean game folder, or your old one?  In the clean folder, the wood oven should have worked, or else it didn't install correctly.  (And you wouldn't have the NRaas menu anyway.)  If it's in your old game folder, try uninstalling it again and then reinstalling, now with the new ccmerged in place.

If that doesn't help, the next step would be to uninstall all of your store content, delete ccmerged and the .ebc files in DCCache, and reinstall everything.  This wouldn't apply to your custom content, which is bundled into .dbc files, also in DCCache.  Just to be sure, it might be better to install the store items in a clean folder, test them, and only then move the new .ebc files and ccmerged into your old folder.

Sometimes it also helps to put a copy of ccmerged in Mods/Overrides, in addition to the copy in DCBackup.  I can't recommend any third-party downloads here, but if you're interested in how the technique works, you can look up Nonasims and ccmerged.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 14 (490 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sorry for the delay in acknowledging and replying to your message -- RL got in the way --  I'm pretty sure it was just in the old folder, after I had replaced the CC etc. file with the new one and then put the old one back.  I'll have to try it with the new folder only!

Message 14 of 14 (450 Views)