Re: Monitor going to sleep

by crinrict

Original Post

Monitor going to sleep

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded sims 4 and ive been having the issue of my monitor going to sleep. The only way to go back is to restart my whole pc. This doesn't happen with any of my other pc games, only sims. This is very annoying and it will delete all my progress if it was not saved right before it shuts down. I have never had this problem and i have a gaming computer. 

Message 1 of 4 (322 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Can you share some information on your setup? The first thing that comes to my mind is are you playing on a laptop?

Product: 

Platform:

Which language are you playing the game in?

How often does the bug occur? 

What is your current game version number? 

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 

Steps:

How can we find the bug ourselves? 

What happens when the bug occurs? 

What do you expect to see? 

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Message 2 of 4 (310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not playing on a laptop but my friends that are playing are playing on a laptop and they never have this problem. I'm playing the game in English. It occurs about every 30 min that i'm logged in. I don't have any extension packs or custom mods. I've only been playing for about four days and i haven't made any change or updates what so ever. Its the newest sims 4 that they had available since they had the free download for those few days. I have an HP envy intel CORE i7. 

Message 3 of 4 (306 Views)

Hero

HI @riazxv 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Could you check on the temperature of your computer to make sure it's not getting really hot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (289 Views)