Re: Mods

by kreatora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mods

★★★★ Novice

What are the pros/* of using Mods? I know that you can avoid alien abductions using them without having to disable the pack, but what are the biggest set backs for using them?

Message 1 of 2 (182 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
@Ketrindoll

EA does not support mods, although it does not prohibit using them. Mods are scripts "added" to the game by their creators. After each update, these mods may be corrupted, because their creators, not EA, should adapt them to the changed game scripts.
So if you want to play with mods you have to check after each game update whether they are still compatible and whether there are new updated versions of these mods. Such information is given by most creators on their websites. Without confirmation that this old mod is safe, it should not be placed in the game after the update

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (174 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Ketrindoll

EA does not support mods, although it does not prohibit using them. Mods are scripts "added" to the game by their creators. After each update, these mods may be corrupted, because their creators, not EA, should adapt them to the changed game scripts.
So if you want to play with mods you have to check after each game update whether they are still compatible and whether there are new updated versions of these mods. Such information is given by most creators on their websites. Without confirmation that this old mod is safe, it should not be placed in the game after the update

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 2 (175 Views)