Re: Mods won't work

by clairembear14

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mods won't work

★ Novice

Hey, so I have mods in my game and they worked fine but ever since the cats and dog update I either get error code or endless loading screen. I just wanna play with my mods! what do I do to fix them? 

Message 1 of 4 (306 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

A lot of cc/mods have been outdated with the c&d patch and need updating. Sims4Studio has batch fixes for most cc issues now. You can google that. You'll be using the program at your own risk as it's third party.

Here's a list of broken stuff: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1

The list is not complete so there might be other mods causing issues.

You must update or remove incompatible mods or you will run into issues 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (312 Views)

All Replies

Hero

A lot of cc/mods have been outdated with the c&d patch and need updating. Sims4Studio has batch fixes for most cc issues now. You can google that. You'll be using the program at your own risk as it's third party.

Here's a list of broken stuff: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1

The list is not complete so there might be other mods causing issues.

You must update or remove incompatible mods or you will run into issues 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (313 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @clairembear14

CC it's a constant struggle, in checking for updates especially after a large update / pack such as the latest one, you simply have to check it all by removing 1 'cc folder' at a time, so as to break them down ie: Clothes, Decor, Hair etc.. load 1 folder at a time until you can work out what broke it.. to narrow it down.

Since the Cats and Dogs patch, there are many reported broken mods and cc. For example; I had to remove all Custom Recipes as only 1 person has their's updated.

Over at SimsVIP they have also created a very large post to include all the broken CC and Mods worth having a look there, also the Sims 4 Studio is worth having even if you don't make Custom Content, as there are always 'batch fixes', which, with 'one click' it'll fix all Cas items, CC sofas and beds for example and or all 'lighting'. Not saying it'll fix some 'broken' cc you have, just relevant to the different 'fixes'.

Hope this helps.

Sasha

Message 3 of 4 (282 Views)

★ Novice

Thank-u!!!

Message 4 of 4 (261 Views)