Mods not working.

by DigitalXGroove

Original Post

Mods not working.

★ Novice

Title.

Really frustrated. I followed the instructions on modthesims, downloaded the framework.zip file and extracted in my Sims 3 folder (in documents) tried placing my Mods in Packages, no dice. Overrides? No dice. Not in either folder, but in the Mods folder? No. Friggin. Dice. Nothing's working, and it's really, really beginning to tick me off. Anyone got some suiggestions or advice for me, please?

Message 1 of 2 (342 Views)

Re: Mods not working.

@DigitalXGroove  First of all, did you delete scriptCache.package from your game folder?  If not, that's probably why your mods aren't working.  You should delete this file any time you add or remove a mod from your game.  To be thorough, many of us delete all five cache files, and you should at least do so whenever you add or remove any custom content.  But scriptCache is the only one that matters specifically to mods.  The others are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Do the two mods that come with the framework show up in-game?  As in, does the intro movie get skipped automatically, and are the sparkles gone when you build something?  If those two mods don't show up, remove your TS3 game folder from Documents\EA, open the launcher to spawn a new game folder, place a new copy of the Mods framework into the new folder, and test.

If those two mods show up but the others don't, please make sure you unzipped them and they're currently in package form.  (They can just go in Packages; no need to use the Overrides folder.)  If that's not the issue, please list a couple of the mods.  Don't link them, as it's against AHQ rules, but naming them is fine unless they're considered adult content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (334 Views)