Re: Mods not showing up despite trying everything?

by sone49

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

With me I have a lot of custom content and it all works but when I try script mods like traits and stuff, it doesn’t work

i have my script mods turned on and I’ve tried everything and they still don’t work

please help

Message 11 of 21 (8,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @hannahgracie1 

do you have them in Subfolders maybe ? They need to be at top level to work (one subfolder within the mods folder is allowed but not deeper).

Here's a few more pitfalls that can help you find the reason why they don't show up: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/11/mods-custom-content-doesnt-show-up/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 21 (8,757 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ModsPlease help if you can 

Message 13 of 21 (8,739 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@nefos07 

Please state your problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 14 of 21 (8,729 Views)

★★ Novice

Mods are also not showing up for me, and I've done everything I could. I've read a lot of answers to these questions, and did basically everything that they said. I had just recently re-downloaded Sims 4 on a new computer, and all the mods and cc i download did for me showed up in the main menu. But they did not show up in CAS or gameplay at all.

I don't know what to do. 

Message 15 of 21 (8,565 Views)

Hero

Hi @alex_novess 

Did you redownload the mods as well ? Are you sure the versions you're using are still compatible with the game ?

Do you have an example of a mod you're using (no links, just name)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 21 (8,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had a similar problem, I just had to click enable cc and mods and script mods in game options and everything turned out fine. Just make sure to double check because I think settings go back to default whenever you reinstall the game....

Message 17 of 21 (8,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there. 

So, recently I moved everything on my computer from my C drive to the D drive, since the C drive was getting way too full and I just want to use it for windows files. Since then my sims mods have not been working. I have tried all kinds of things including removing the cache folder. I also deleted my mods folder, restarted my computer and the game, but the game didn't create a mods folder by itself again. I have checked other folders as well to see if the mods aren't saved in there, but no luck. I haven't tried checking for bad mods since I don't think it necessary, because before moving everything to the other drive on my computer, the mods worked and I haven't downloaded anything new. PLEASE HELP!!

Message 18 of 21 (7,922 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@sone49

Have you moved the entire Documents folder to D drive or just The Sims 4 folder?
If you move only The Sims4 folder from D drive to another location, then the game by default will create a new folder in Documents in the same place where the previous one, which you moved was.
Of course, there will be a new mods folder but empty.
If you want to have the game on another drive, you must move the entire Documents folder.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/74952-move-location-documents-folder-windows-10-a.html

I don't work for EA
Message 19 of 21 (7,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@yvonne464 how come I can’t find the Mods in my files on a computer
Message 20 of 21 (7,008 Views)