Re: Mods not showing up despite trying everything?

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mods not showing up despite trying everything?

★★★ Novice

So I recently installed the Sims 4 again, and had to re-enable mods after the newest update. Everything was fine, so I went to create a Sim, only to be unable to pick traits or aspirations, which I looked up and found out it was a faulty mod or something like that, and after trying everything I just decided to restart my file. (Which meant backing up my folder before deleting it entirely and then starting the game, which restarted my game entirely). After that, I installed some new mods and kept some of the older ones since I'm pretty sure they weren't the bad ones. Though I've tried everything, none of my mods are showing up in the game, I won't even get the popup in the beginning. I have it checked to allow mods, I've tried restarting my computer, restarting my file, checking for bad mods, deleting them entirely. I've even tried running my first file, and even swapping the new mods with all the old ones, and they won't even pop up then.

I had this problem when I first started playing, and was able to fix it, but I don't remember how since that was a few months ago.

I don't have any subfolders, and all the mods are .package. I've edited the resource.cfg, even tried deleting it, but nothing is working. Any help?

Message 1 of 21 (212,934 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I checked it out, and it didn't say that. As stupid as this may sound, I think I apparently mixed up files. I was putting my mods in my backup file it turns out, so there wasn't any in my actual file. But thank you for the response! I

View in thread

Message 3 of 21 (217,654 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @lovelucidly,

Make sure Origin is not set to disable the mods:

1. Right click on the game in your game library in Origin, and go to Properties.
  2. Go to Advanced launch settings tab
  3. Is there anything written in the Command line arguments option? If you find something related to mods, like "-mods", delete it.

Was that the problem?

Mai

Message 2 of 21 (212,824 Views)

★★★ Novice

I checked it out, and it didn't say that. As stupid as this may sound, I think I apparently mixed up files. I was putting my mods in my backup file it turns out, so there wasn't any in my actual file. But thank you for the response! I

Message 3 of 21 (217,655 Views)

EA app Team

Ops! That happens Wink I'm glad you found the issue and that you are careful enough to make backups, enjoy the game!

Message 4 of 21 (212,807 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so I have a mods folder and the resource.cfg file is there, checked the properties and mods are enabled.  I played the game one day and all my mods worked fine, the next day none of them are showing up in game at all.  even though my computer says they are all still there.  ive uninstalled, reinstalled, moved the file out and back in and every other suggestion I have found so far and none are working but I also haven't found a solution to this specific problem.  anyone have any other suggestions?

Message 5 of 21 (212,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Did you try going to Game Options then click other and Enable Custom contents and Mods, if you use script mods you should also allow that, apply, then restart?

If that does not work check for broken Mods. You can remove them and just add your Mods back in small bunches. Check after each bunch until you find the bad ones. 

Mods need to be checked with every new patch or they can cause issues.
EA does support using Mods and CC, but you use them at your own risk.
If your game runs well without your Mods and CC. you may need to check each one to find the one that causes problems, with every new patch.
Then you can contact the Mods and CC creators for updates or solutions to the problem with their creation.
Also, check the sims forum its a lot of help their for Mods and CC.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4

Hope this helps, I am not an EA employee I am just trying to help. So if it did help please grant XP points ty.

Message 6 of 21 (212,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Im having the same problem, theres nothing written in there.. What do i do?
Message 7 of 21 (206,141 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar problem but for some reason cannot find a valid explanation anywhere 

I have recently been downloading some CC to my sims 4 game however even though the content show up in my mods file when I load the game they are not there even though my old mods are I have tried absolutely everything and have no idea what to do just confused as to why my old mods are there and my recently downloaded ones are not ? 

Message 8 of 21 (204,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi so I’m having a similar problem. On my windows 10, I downloaded all my mods accordingly, put them in the mods folder, and played about 2 months ago. However, this afternoon, the mods were not working. I deleted them all after trying to re-zip the files, then re-downloaded them. I did the same things to install them but they’re still not showing up whatsoever and it’s really annoying lol. Anyone can help me with this? Also, please simplify any answers im really stupid lol...

Message 9 of 21 (203,623 Views)

Hero
Here's a few steps you can follow: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/11/mods-custom-content-doesnt-show-up/

If none of these help, please post a screenshot of your mods folder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (203,610 Views)