Mods does not show up in game

by AliceTheWonder

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mods does not show up in game

★ Apprentice

Hi! I got tired of waiting for bugpatches and know a little bit of python, so I thought it would be fun to fix them myself Standard smile I though that would be a faster way to make it possible to make my sims get paid for freelancing again than to actually sit in my chair and wait for a patch to come around.

I have never used mods before for sims so I might have missed something essential when looking around, but I can't get even the example mod to show up!

I tried with some other well-used mods out there, and triple-checked that I allow for script mods and everything, up alas, none of the mods shows up.

I have installed sims 4 on my D disk which I think might a part of the problem. Is it possible that it is the problem I'm having? If so, how do I make the game look for mods in the right place?

Any other ideas?

Thanks // Alice

Message 1 of 4 (312 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mods does not show up in game

@AliceTheWonder  Regardless of where the game's program files are located, mods need to be inside the Mods folder in the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  So unless you moved Documents to D, or used a symbolic link to redirect the Sims 4 folder, this folder will still be on C.

If this isn't the issue, please list the full file path to the Mods folder where you've added your mods.  You can see the file path in a File Explorer window, above the list of files and folders.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (292 Views)

All Replies

@AliceTheWonder  Regardless of where the game's program files are located, mods need to be inside the Mods folder in the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  So unless you moved Documents to D, or used a symbolic link to redirect the Sims 4 folder, this folder will still be on C.

If this isn't the issue, please list the full file path to the Mods folder where you've added your mods.  You can see the file path in a File Explorer window, above the list of files and folders.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (293 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for your response!

Yes, I have changed my documents folder, but I've had a few programs that does not recognize that they have moved, but most do. I'll try using the C disk anyway and I'll report back if it works.

Message 3 of 4 (282 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you! Turns out that I forgot the "Users" part of the path!

For future references and other people having the same problem:

The path should be "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods" and not "C:\[username ]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods"

Best wishes
Alice

Message 4 of 4 (278 Views)