Re: Mods aren't showing up in game, I've tried everything

by pvnkteefs

Original Post

Mods aren't showing up in game, I've tried everything

★★ Novice

All of my mods are in my folder, and all are unzipped and should be functioning. However, when I open the game, my mods don't show up.

Game options have cc and script mods enabled. I've turned them on and off and restarted my game several times. I've repaired my game, taken my Mods folder out, and opened the game in hopes a new one would appear in the game files. It has not. I've downloaded a resource.cfg for my Mods folder. Even when doing all of this, my mods don't show up in the cc menu at the beginning, and they don't show up in game. 

I would like to make it known I deleted my original Mods folder and made a new one. I've been very careful to make a new one that's functional. 

Message 1 of 12 (574 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@pvnkteefs 

You can not just use a random mods folder that you created somewhere. It has to be the mods folder your game created. normally placed here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 12 (561 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Really? I wasn't aware, did it change with an update? I remember it being doable in the past.
Message 3 of 12 (558 Views)

★★ Novice

I worked to have the Sims replace the Mods folder organically and put my cc in it, but it still isn't showing up in game. What else can I do?

Message 4 of 12 (546 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@pvnkteefs 

It has always been that way.

If you have now placed it in the folder created when you started the game and it is not showing up in the game on the main menu you either have not enabled it in Game Settings Other or you downloaded it in a packed format (zip, rar) and have not unpacked it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 12 (537 Views)

★★ Novice

As stated in the post, all of my mods and custom content have been unpacked and I've enabled and disabled mods multiple times. 

Message 6 of 12 (529 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@pvnkteefs 

In that case they are still not in the correct place. Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

Message 7 of 12 (525 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @pvnkteefs do you use any 'cloud' storage? If it's full it may be diverting them as this Mac Post shows..

Never happened to me, so not sure if it's Mac only, (I don't have a Mac & not sure what platform you use) just thought I remembered reading about this problem before

Apart from that try reading Crinricts Blog on Troubleshooting (excerpt) >>

Spoiler
Especially after an update, the game can be triggered to to use oneDrive or iCloud instead of your local user folder, leading to all mods/cc being missing. In this case, usually your save games are also missing. Check out this post on how to find out which user folder the game is using: How to find your user folder.

Hope it helps, anyhow. Thumbs up

Message 8 of 12 (518 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, I have read that blog multiple times, and unfortunately it doesn't work. No, I use Windows so nothing would be stored on the Cloud.

Message 9 of 12 (495 Views)

★★ Pro

All good.. I rarely 'jump in' on an already answering thread, only to add a random idea that seemed not yet covered, am sure JPK will work it out with you.

good luck @pvnkteefs 

Message 10 of 12 (493 Views)