Re: Mods/CC not showing up in game

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Mods/CC not showing up in game

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I recently purchased a new laptop and downloaded Sims 4 and the mods and CC i usually use and enabled them in game. The mods are in the right folder but they are not showing up in my game or in the list under Options/Other. Can someone help me? I've looked everywhere.

Message 1 of 10 (576 Views)

Champion (Retired)

In that case they are not in the right place.

Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (564 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I already read this article and walked through it and according to what it said they are in the right place.

Message 3 of 10 (561 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If they are in the right folder they must be in a packed format such as *.zip *.rar and you haven't unpacked them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 10 (545 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hello @tani8706 ,

@jpkarlsen 's suggestion is definitely the first thing I would check; .zip, .rar and other compression folders aren't read by Sims 4.

Do you happen to have the CC loaded in multiple folders in the Mod folder? Sims 4 doesn't do well with mods nested too deeply in multiple folders in the Mod folder. At best I usually keep my own Mods in individual folders in the Mod folder:

A a good example of file layout in the Mods folder is below:

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\ModFolder1

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\ModFolder2

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\ModFolder3

If you nest them too deeply, the game will sometimes ignore them on startup, for example:

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\ModFolder1\ModFolder2\ModFolder3

The file path above is not recommended, because the game will only look a few folders deep into the Mod folder before stopping.

Message 5 of 10 (541 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The files have all been unpacked and there are no files in the mods folder.

Message 6 of 10 (536 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Mods and CC goes in the Mods folder so move them from where they currently are to the Mods folder.

Message 7 of 10 (534 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

that's where they are.

Message 8 of 10 (532 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i just don't have a bunch of different folders in the mods folder is what i meant to say.

Message 9 of 10 (531 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Ok. subfolders are not necessary but recommended to make it easier later to test which ones are broken after a new patch.

So if Mods and CC is enabled in the game unpacked and placed in the correct Mods folder then they will show up when you start the game.

Please rename the Mods folder to Mods_old. Start the game. If a new Mods folder is created then it is the correct folder.

Message 10 of 10 (527 Views)