Re: Missing traits

by mate54

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing traits

★★★★★ Apprentice

Whenever I meet a sim, I discover 3 of 5 traits straight away. After this it seems almost impossible to discover any other traits. One of my sims is a journalist and so can interview sims to discover the remaining traits, but for the rest of my sims there are 2 question marks. I have the observant lifetime reward on most of my sims as well. Is there any way to discover the remaining traits for the sims that aren't journalists?

Message 1 of 3 (1,116 Views)

Accepted Solution

@escapedpolarbear  Learning three traits through the Observant reward, then not learning any others, is normal.  Sometimes using "get to know" will reveal another trait, although it's not reliable and often reveals a favorite color or food (in the thought bubble) instead.  Discussing a specific topic will often help too, for example discussing art should reveal that another sim has the Artistic or Can't Stand Art trait.

The Personable charisma achievement increases a sim's chances of learning traits as well, and family members' traits count towards the total.

Learning traits through conversation is pretty random, but if you know the other sim's traits, whether through an interview from a journalist or law enforcement or from peeking another way, you can steer the conversation however you want.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,088 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@escapedpolarbear There are some traits that cannot be discovered, even with the Observant reward, whether it's a bug or by design. A mod (Trait Discovery Fix) might be able to fix that, so if you use mods in your game, try it and see if it works.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (1,108 Views)

@escapedpolarbear  Learning three traits through the Observant reward, then not learning any others, is normal.  Sometimes using "get to know" will reveal another trait, although it's not reliable and often reveals a favorite color or food (in the thought bubble) instead.  Discussing a specific topic will often help too, for example discussing art should reveal that another sim has the Artistic or Can't Stand Art trait.

The Personable charisma achievement increases a sim's chances of learning traits as well, and family members' traits count towards the total.

Learning traits through conversation is pretty random, but if you know the other sim's traits, whether through an interview from a journalist or law enforcement or from peeking another way, you can steer the conversation however you want.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (1,089 Views)