Re: Missing the resource.cfg File in Mods folder

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I also accidentally deleted my resource.cfg and it isn't creating a new one although I am still able to play the game

Message 11 of 21 (7,992 Views)

Hero

Are you sure you're checking the right location ?

Have you tried moving the saves folder to the desktop to see if that recreates and if you still have your saves even if you did that (which would point to the game using an other user folder entirely) 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 21 (7,991 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am missing the resource.cfg file completely, however I do have the mods folder in the correct place.

Message 13 of 21 (7,705 Views)

Hero

The file should create when you start the game. 

Could you post a screenshot of your mods folder ? Where is it located ? Are you using oneDrive ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 21 (7,699 Views)

★★★ Newbie

do you have a link to a resource.cfg i could just re-download ? I did that last time but I forgot the link to it

Message 15 of 21 (7,659 Views)

Hero

Hi @dva_uwupogchamp

you don't need to redownload. The game will create the correct one automatically if you start the game. If it doesn't, the game is using a different folder than you think. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 21 (7,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I just tried to download cc and I realized I don't have the resource.cfg file at all. I don't know what to do because I really want this custom content and I don't know any other way that could help me get it. I've looked up any other different ways to get cc and none of them have the answers. Can you help? 

Message 17 of 21 (7,304 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Provided you have played the Sims 4 you will have that file as it is created automatically. So you are probably looking in the wrong place. You should read the install instructions where you got the CC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 18 of 21 (7,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So idk how but I had the file be opened with internet explorer and can’t change it back and when I have the game create a new one it stays with the Internet explorer, is that a problem?

Message 19 of 21 (6,555 Views)

Hero
@Zoagoat No, it's not a problem. You can re-associate it with another program if it bothers you that it's IE. Like notepad for example.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 21 (6,530 Views)