Missing sims 3 expansion packs

by lightingflash10

Original Post

Highlighted

Missing sims 3 expansion packs

★★★ Newbie

Hi, so I play the sims 3 on both my own origin account and my father’s(because that’s where it started out). At first I was using my dad’s computer until I was given a computer of my own. My computer recently crashed and that’s where I downloaded my expansion packs(which were store bought). I went back to my dad’s computer and it only showed that I only had the starter pack bundle downloaded but I was still using my dad’s origin account until I started playing the sims 4 on my own account. I was wondering how to get my other expansion packs back since I don’t have the store bought packs with me since my family and I have moved.

Message 1 of 2 (299 Views)

Re: Missing sims 3 expansion packs

@lightingflash10  Did you register your store bought packs in your Origin account, like when you installed the game or used the Sims 3 Store?  If so, then they'll still be listed in your account, and you can download them for free onto your dad's computer.

However, since you already have a different base game installed on the computer, you'll need to uninstall it and then clean the registry before reinstalling; otherwise, you'll get a conflict between the Sims 3 registry entries and the code for your own base game.  You can use a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (free download) to remove all Sims 3-related entries from the registry after uninstalling.

If you have saves on your dad's computer you want to keep, be sure to rename the Sims 3 game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts to something that doesn't have "Sims 3" in it, so the cleaner app you use doesn't remove it too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (292 Views)