Missing several Sims 3 DLC from my games library?

by MorrowindGod

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing several Sims 3 DLC from my games library?

★ Novice

Hello, I am reaching out here seeing as I cannot get any response on the Live Chat for two days now. I have several Sims 3 DLC missing from my game Libary: Seasons, Generations, Ambitions, Pets, Into the future, and Showtime. I input the keys for these DLC at the end of March and April 1st this year and download them through Origin and played them. I come back less than 3 moths later and it's as if  I never owned them. I did find out that the Sims 3 had it's DLC compressed into the Sims 3 game in the library under details but even there it only prompts me to buy them again. I have a screenshot I took the other night with the folders dated for the DLC when I installed them. I also have the product keys on record as well from when I bought them. They were bought 3rd party but the fact of the matter is the keys worked and where validated thus were added to my library. I was surprised to find out there is no way to see a log of inputted Product keys on our end as users only a list of games purchased through Origin. I would love some much-needed assistance on this problem because this is a very expensive issue, thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (303 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing several Sims 3 DLC from my games library?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MorrowindGod  Where did you buy the packs? Once you redeem a code in Origin it purchase is locked to that account in use at that time. There seems to be third party vendors that were obtaining codes and were not authorized to sell them. Under the TOS EA is revoking these codes. If you purchased your packs from an unauthorized third party vendor you need to contact them for a resolution about this issue.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (323 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MorrowindGod  Where did you buy the packs? Once you redeem a code in Origin it purchase is locked to that account in use at that time. There seems to be third party vendors that were obtaining codes and were not authorized to sell them. Under the TOS EA is revoking these codes. If you purchased your packs from an unauthorized third party vendor you need to contact them for a resolution about this issue.

Message 2 of 3 (324 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, I have had problems with games missing. If you go to EA help go to phone call, and someone will call you back and they can see whats the problem. They said some of my games were from unauthorized sources and froze my account. I know my vendors are authorized they are top chain retailers. My problem is no one is willing to communicate thoroughly because I have even bought expansions through origins I should at least be able to play them or they should refund my money because I just bought them a few days ago. 

Message 3 of 3 (269 Views)