Missing packs - purchased in store and from Origin directly

by pearcenl

Original Post

Missing packs - purchased in store and from Origin directly

★ Novice

I have never posted here before, but stumbled upon this page when the expansion packs disappeared from my launch tray today after an update.

I am so very angry.  I have never purchased ANYTHING from EBAY.  ALL of my expansion packs and original game were bought from a brick and mortar store (ie Walmart) or straight from Origin.  I have all the CD-ROMs originally purchased and yet I have lost access to my expansion packs.  This is not acceptable.

The chat agent game me a link to a super patch - what a joke.  (Must have been quiting time as she told me it'd take awhile to download and to get back to them if there were still problems....  Oh and she marked my case as "resolved").  It did nothing but completely remove the "expansion pack" button from the launch screen.  I have spent hours today attempting to wipe the files as suggested in this thread.  HOURS.  Now I have a download button on my origin page, but guess what?  I still have no "expansion pack button."

I am done with EA.  I don't deal with EBAY as I wish to avoid situations just like this.  So for the previous poster saying this is not an EA issue...  Yeah, yeah it is  For me it is.  

Message 1 of 4 (212 Views)

Re: Missing packs - purchased in store and from Origin directly

Hero

Hi @pearcenl

I'm sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, do you have the same issue as others here where the DLC shows in Origin but not in the launcher or do you not actually have the launcher tab for expansions ? Or do you know have an extra content tab in Origin ? If you do, do you see the expansions on Origin ?

What game version is your launcher showing ? Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (199 Views)

★ Novice

Thx.  I originally had an "expansion pack" button and screen on the launch screen.  After the update those were still there, but none of the expansion were listed.  All the expansions (13 total) were listed on Origin as "installed."

The chat agent had me download some "super patch" after which I still only had the base game and still could not download or access my expansion packs, and which also somehow deleted the "expansion pack" button from the launch screen.

I then did as was suggested here and erased all the expansion pack folders off my C drive.  This allowed me to supposedly re-download the expansion packs, but in reality the launch screen still had no Expansion packs button, much less a list of owned packs.

I just finally finished dumping all the files, every single one - all my saves / my daughter's saves are gone and I had to re-install the base game AND every single pack AGAIN!!

I don't understand why I have to pay (through time, aggro, and money - b/c wifi's not free) for someone else to get a deal off of Ebay.  Comm'on now, people knew it was sketch!  No one gets something for 1/2 price for no reason!  All the people on here trying to get their money back or acting like the company owes them something...  Please...

EA has lost a customer that followed the rules and yet was still penalized.  I'm not even bother to re-load Sims 4.  Thanks for your help, anyway.

Message 3 of 4 (188 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @pearcenl, and welcome to Answers HQ,

Even when what you are describing is similar to what other players have been sharing lately, I do believe you are having a different issue. If you are willing to try some troubleshooting steps, we can try to find out what is going wrong in your case.

Could you please open your launcher and check the version number in the bottom left corner of it? If you could share with us a screenshot of your launcher that would be helpful Standard smile

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 4 of 4 (180 Views)