Missing one expansion in Origin library

by Kiacha

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Missing one expansion in Origin library

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm downloading my Sims 3 on my new Macbook since my PC is outdated. I find the game and all the expansion I bought in my library in the Origins app, all but Into the Future, which it would seem I have to pay for again, in spite of having bought it once and playing it on my old computer.

Any guesses as to why that is?

/Katharina

Message 1 of 5 (539 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing one expansion in Origin library

@Kiacha  Yes, you could have redeemed your Into the Future code manually, either in Origin or on the Sims 3 store site.  If you still have access to your old computer, and you never cleaned its registry, you may be able to find your original code.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/how-to-find-your-serial-number.html

Then you can try to redeem it, or if it's already been used, you can contact EA customer support and try to find out what happened to the code.  If you registered it on another account, you may be able to have a support rep merge it with your current Origin account, provided you still have access to the email address associated with the old account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

I'm not sure what you mean when you say Sims 4 Supernatural, since that pack doesn't exist.  If you're talking about the Sims 3 expansion, you must have installed it from disc, not via Origin.  But with a mixed disc and Origin install, you'd still need Origin to authenticate your ownership of the pack in order to play with it.  You may need to contact support about this code as well; perhaps the process of redeeming it got stuck somehow.  But keep in mind that if you bought a disc used, the original owner may have already registered it, in which case you won't be able to add it to your Origin account.  EA doesn't allow content to be transferred from one account to another, even if you're in possession of the disc itself.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (380 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Kiacha  Where did you buy the pack?

Message 2 of 5 (491 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately I don't remember. It was a long time ago.

If it was a physical copy, should I have redeemed it manually somehow? Because I know I have expansions in my library that was physical copies to begin with.

I just got the Supernatural expansion for Sims 4, and after installing it I just get "code already redeemed" when I try redeeming it on the webpage or in the Origin app. So I haven't been able to add that expansion to my game library either Frown

Message 3 of 5 (386 Views)

@Kiacha  Yes, you could have redeemed your Into the Future code manually, either in Origin or on the Sims 3 store site.  If you still have access to your old computer, and you never cleaned its registry, you may be able to find your original code.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/how-to-find-your-serial-number.html

Then you can try to redeem it, or if it's already been used, you can contact EA customer support and try to find out what happened to the code.  If you registered it on another account, you may be able to have a support rep merge it with your current Origin account, provided you still have access to the email address associated with the old account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

I'm not sure what you mean when you say Sims 4 Supernatural, since that pack doesn't exist.  If you're talking about the Sims 3 expansion, you must have installed it from disc, not via Origin.  But with a mixed disc and Origin install, you'd still need Origin to authenticate your ownership of the pack in order to play with it.  You may need to contact support about this code as well; perhaps the process of redeeming it got stuck somehow.  But keep in mind that if you bought a disc used, the original owner may have already registered it, in which case you won't be able to add it to your Origin account.  EA doesn't allow content to be transferred from one account to another, even if you're in possession of the disc itself.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (381 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh yes, I do mean Sims 3, sorry. I indeed installed it from disc, and did not get an option to redeem in Origin while installing.

I will do as you say and talk to support about how to redeem both of them in Origin, especially Supernatural, since that's brand new.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5 (376 Views)