Missing interactions? Sims 3

by FreakyBacon1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing interactions? Sims 3

★ Novice

Hello, 

I'm a bit confused about my game after using a broken mod. When I first installed a mod onto my game it took away most of the social interactions, there were no interactions for funny or romance. I read up about that same error and learned that it might help if I deleted the cache. I did gain back a few of them, but I'm not sure if there's anything missing. As weird as this is going to sound... please could I have somebody compare their socials with mine so I know that the game isn't still bugged? This will honestly help a lot. Thank you. 

Here's two for example:

Funny: tell inside joke, tell funny story, make silly face

Mean: mock appearance, scare, insult

I tried looking for a reference online but there was nothing. Embarrassed

Message 1 of 4 (2,271 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing interactions? Sims 3

@FreakyBacon1  Those interactions look correct to me.  As with other categories, only a few options are unlocked until your sim builds up momentum for that particular  type of interaction.  For example, under Funny, the progression is amusing to funny (?) to hilarious, and once hilarious, your sim can impersonate a celebrity, tell a dirty joke, and, if the two have been friends for a while, joke about old times.  But none of those are available until "hilarious," even for sims with a maxed out relationship.

The one exception is for sims that have traits that feed into a particular category.  For example, Inappropriate sims can fight or  "imply X's mother is a llama" early, maybe without doing anything else mean.  But all other sims will have to build up to that point.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,251 Views)

All Replies

@FreakyBacon1  Those interactions look correct to me.  As with other categories, only a few options are unlocked until your sim builds up momentum for that particular  type of interaction.  For example, under Funny, the progression is amusing to funny (?) to hilarious, and once hilarious, your sim can impersonate a celebrity, tell a dirty joke, and, if the two have been friends for a while, joke about old times.  But none of those are available until "hilarious," even for sims with a maxed out relationship.

The one exception is for sims that have traits that feed into a particular category.  For example, Inappropriate sims can fight or  "imply X's mother is a llama" early, maybe without doing anything else mean.  But all other sims will have to build up to that point.

Message 2 of 4 (2,252 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, 

Sorry about this but is it okay if I just share one last category? 

Friendly: gossip, enthuse about new house, chat, ask about day, tell story, get to know. 

Is everything okay here? Thank you for your help! 

Message 3 of 4 (2,240 Views)

@FreakyBacon1  That category is a little harder, since expansion packs, situations, and friendship level can all add interactions to the list.  (For example, with World Adventures installed, a sim can "trade local gossip," but only in a vacation world.)  But the list seems fine for two sims who don't know each other very well yet.  If the conversation evolves to sociable, then friendly, you'll see more interactions unlocked.

Really, though, after removing the mod and clearing your caches, I'd think that you'd be fine.  Some mods can break your game even after they're removed, but the symptoms tend to be more severe than a few missing interactions.  However, if you want to cover all of your bases, you can make a copy of this save file and store it elsewhere, so you'll have a backup if you ever need it.  You can copy the folder directly—it'll have your save name and be in Saves inside your game folder.  Or you can use "save as" instead of "save" and pick a new name; the old save will be preserved, and you can load it whenever you want.  I keep 4-6 saves in my game folder at any given time and get rid of the older ones when I'm sure I don't need them anymore.

Message 4 of 4 (2,235 Views)