Re: Missing glass in glass roofing (Glimmerbrook & Forgotten Hollow)

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing glass in glass roofing (Glimmerbrook & Forgotten Hollow)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Basegame, all EPs, GPs and SPs are installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go into build mode when you are either in the world "Forgotten Hollow" (Vampires GP) or in the wordl "Glimmerbrook" / "The Magic Realm" (Realm of Magic GP) 2. Go to roofing and select one of the glass roofing 3. Place your glass roofing
What happens when the bug occurs? In both worlds the "glass" texture of this roofings are missing. They look different when you place the glass roofs in other worlds. It looks like you have only the metal bars but no glass. See the attached screenshots. The "glass_willowCreek" screenshot shows how the glass roofings should look like.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a glass roof with glass texture in both worlds, Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook / Magic Realm
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think this happened with the new "Realm of Magic" GP but I'm not 100% sure because it affects Forgotten Hollow from the Vampire GP, too.

Tested with and without mod/CC installed - the issue occurs on all tests.

Message 1 of 10 (1,477 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Status report / Possible solution ... kind of...

Ok, I don't know exactly what was the solution for me but...

1. I repaired my game via Origin
  2. I let the game create a full new Sims 4 folder
  3. I started a brand new save file

And it worked for me. I downloaded the lot which I put on the gallery for Crinrict and now glass roofs and doors looks nice - without and with CC/mods in game.

But here comes the twist. I put an old save file into save folder because I wanted to play with this one ... and there the issue still occurs. Maybe my old saves were broken, I don't know. I'll go to save all my lots of this savegame and start over again.

Thanks anyway @crinrict for all your help Standard smile

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (1,385 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@LadyFu83 Do you have this house in the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,441 Views)

★ Guide

It's not the house. I've tested it with the spellcaster headquarter in Glimmerbrook / Magic Realm and with all EA premade lots in Forgotten Hollow (mods/CC removed, brand new savegame). I also noticed the issue doesn't happen on other lots in Glimmerbrook, just the one of the Sages in the magic part.

If you still want me to upload the lot in the gallery I can do that.

Message 3 of 10 (1,437 Views)

★ Guide

Additional: Another player told me, she's got the problem in Forgotten Hollow / Magic Realm in Glimmerbrook with glass doors, too. The glass is missing. I can confirm that.

So, to rreconstruct the bug:

Go to Forgotten Hollow or visit the Spellcaster lot (where the Sages are), switch into Build/Buy mode (for Glimmerbrook you'll have to use the bb.freebuild Cheat) and place a glass roof OR glass doors. You won't see a glassy shine, just ... nothing.

Message 4 of 10 (1,428 Views)

Hero
@LadyFu83 Just need something to test with :D I suck at building so having a house I can place helps a lot :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,405 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Ok, I uploaded a house "For Crinrict"
Origin ID: ladyfu83

I put some glass roofs and two doors on the lot which causes issues in my game.
Message 6 of 10 (1,394 Views)

★ Guide

Status report / Possible solution ... kind of...

Ok, I don't know exactly what was the solution for me but...

1. I repaired my game via Origin
  2. I let the game create a full new Sims 4 folder
  3. I started a brand new save file

And it worked for me. I downloaded the lot which I put on the gallery for Crinrict and now glass roofs and doors looks nice - without and with CC/mods in game.

But here comes the twist. I put an old save file into save folder because I wanted to play with this one ... and there the issue still occurs. Maybe my old saves were broken, I don't know. I'll go to save all my lots of this savegame and start over again.

Thanks anyway @crinrict for all your help Standard smile

Message 7 of 10 (1,386 Views)

Hero
@LadyFu83 Looks fine in my save too.

Want me to take a look at your save as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,363 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict It's alright, thank you. I just start over with the new save Standard smile
Message 9 of 10 (1,318 Views)

Hero
@LadyFu83 Moving this to tech then.

Feel free to come back if you have further issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,290 Views)