Re: Missing family

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Missing family

★★★ Newbie

I have created different families. Let’s say we have the Jones family, the Smith family, and the Johnson family. I have created/built families with children and homes. Let’s say I am playing on the Smith family and I want to visit the Jones family the family/house is not there. However if I play in the Jones family the house and family are there but I’m can’t find the other families. 
I have tried to repair the game amd I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and nothing has helped. 
Has this happens to anyone? Also, I do not use CC’s or mods. 

Message 1 of 5 (259 Views)

★★★ Guide
@mysimsforever did you create the Smith and Jones and Johnson families in the same game save? When you change between the Smith and Jones families for example, do you have to go right out to the home opening screen? If so, then you have then in different game saves. Families/builds don't transfer between game saves, but you can play multiple households within the one game save.

Instead of using the 'new game' button the home screen, use the 'load game' button.
Message 2 of 5 (240 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello. Thank you for responding. The only way I can see a different family is if I leave the game and load that family. So if I am playing on the Smith family I cannot see any other family the only way to see the Jones family is if I leave the game and load the Jones family. I used to be able to see/visit with other families. I don’t know what happened. I will try and upload a picture later. 

Message 3 of 5 (220 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Thats_Me_Madz @I am playing on the McGinnis family in Oasis Springs. I wanted to visit the Clarke family in Del Soy Valley. The second picture shows that the family isn’t there. The third picture is showing the family exists but I have to leave my game and sign into the Clarke family for it to appear. 

Message 4 of 5 (215 Views)

@mysimsforever  The explanation @Thats_Me_Madz already posted is correct: you have two different save files, and each progresses independently of the other.  When you click New Game, you're starting a new save from scratch: it won't contain any of the changes you've made to your old save.  When you add a household to the new save, it won't appear in the old save, and vice versa.

If you want your two households to be able to interact with each other, they'll need to be in the same save.  To accomplish this, you need to save one of the households to the in-game library, open the other save, and place the household there.  The sims that are moved this way won't know anyone in the new (to them) save, but they should keep their jobs and relationships.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (199 Views)